How to charge a guest?
You have several options to charge your guest:
- You can add manual payments to the reservation details page
- You can create auto payments for all your reservations. This rule will apply to all new reservations but not existing ones
How can I collect my guest's credit card information?
You can send the Guest Portal to your guests so they can enter their credit cards.
How do Credit Cards work per channel?
Airbnb takes payment for you. No action is required from your side.
- If Booking.com manages payment for you, there is action needed from your side
- If Booking.com sends you a Virtual Credit Card > It is only chargeable after check-in. (learn more here)
- If Booking.com sends you the guest's credit card > Auto-payments should be set
- In the third scenario above, there is an option in Booking.com where Booking.com enables/disables if you wish the credit cards to have CVC or not. If it is selected that you do not need the CVC, it will come with "000" to Hostaway
- According to Configuring notification settings for credit card details, "By default, your account settings aren’t configured to require CVCs. This is probably the reason you’re not receiving them if you recently listed your property on our platform. If you need to change these settings, contact us via your Extranet inbox and we’ll update them for you."
Vrbo will send you the guest's credit card. You can charge it through Auto-payments.
- If Expedia sends you the Virtual Credit Card > It is only chargeable after check-out
- If Expedia sends you the guest credit card > It is chargeable normally
TripAdvisor & iCal
iCal does not support credit cards.