Connect to Booking.com
Once a property is live on Booking.com, you can connect it through the Booking.com Extranet.
(Step 1) Prepare your Property in Booking.com
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- Each room category must have a maximum of 1 room to sell in Booking.com.
- Each room category must have a rate plan and the rate plan should have complete information ex. cancellation policy, etc.
- It's not possible to map just 1 room from a Booking.com property to a listing on Hostaway. You will need to map each room to a Hostaway listing.
- Check your rates in the Hostaway calendar and the rates in your Booking.com Extranet.
How to change the number of rooms to sell?
You should be able to see an "Edit" button under Rooms to Sell (in your Calendar) before the connection and please make sure you've filled out the rooms for all the dates you wish to be bookable. Else, you can go to Rate & Availability > Open/Close Rooms or Adjust rooms to sell.
More information on how to update your availability is here (for further information, please contact your Booking.com account manager). You should set the number of rooms to sell to "1":
(Step 2) Apply for a connection within Booking.com
- Go to your Extranet for the property.
- Choose Account > Connectivity provider
- Click Start.
- Search for Hostaway Oy
- Select Hostaway Oy, and make sure to tick off all options and click "Next/Connect".
- Complete all steps until Booking.com confirms your account is connected to Hostaway.
- Please send a request to the Support Team (Dashboard > Support > Contact Us) stating the Booking.com property IDs you wish to connect.
(Step 3) Connecting and mapping your listing(s)
- Once you've received the confirmation from Support Team, you will need to map the room IDs
2. Go to your Hostaway Dashboard and connect the property inside Hostaway. This is an important task and please do this as quickly as possible and within 48 hours after activation by us or you might lose the connection - Watch the video here: http://recordit.co/dx58xhe8fd
- Go to Channel Manager > Channels.
- Click on Activate or Configure Booking.com > Connect new Booking.com property button.:
- Read and check all statements, then click on Next.
- Add the Property ID and we'll download all the room IDs.
- Assign and map each room category to a property inside Hostaway and click on Save once done.
- Make sure you map all room categories, 1 room category per 1 listing/property in Hostaway!
(Step 4) - Check your rates and markup
- Check rates, markups, and availability.
- Upon connecting, we will download all reservations from Booking.com. We will upload the Hostaway calendar availability and rates, increased by a 100% markup, to Booking.com.
- Depending on your rate category configuration and currency, 100% may not be the correct markup. Check the rates on the Booking.com Extranet to ensure they are on the desired level.
- Learn how to update your markup.