How to use the Booking Window?
Your Booking Window is the duration for which your listing is available. The system ensures that you have X months open at all times. Every day, the system will close the previous day and open the next day to keep X months available for booking.
How to set up Booking Window?
- Go to Channel Manager > Click on Settings for the listing you want to set up
- Click on the "OFF" toggle to turn it "ON" to activate the feature
You can set your Booking Window from 1 month up to 23 months. After setting the number of months, click on Save
Agreements - Important to understand
By activating the Booking Window, you are understanding and accepting the following:
- For the best results, we strongly advise you to set the same Booking Window on your channels as on Hostaway
- If for some reason, the Booking Window in Hostaway does not match the booking window in the channel, you should do the following:
- Unmap the listing in Hostaway (storing reservations)
- Change the Booking Window in the channel to 2 years (or deactivate it
- Map again listing to Hostaway
- Set the Booking window in Hostaway
- You can block out days outside of the booking window by creating manual bookings. Doing so, your days will always remain unavailable
- If you mark a calendar day outside of the booking window as “open”, it will remain open unless there’s another manual change by you
- If you have any reservations outside of the set Booking Window on the channel side, these reservations will be imported to Hostaway. These reservations will be visible on your calendar, and those days will be blocked from the new booking
- If you have a wider Booking Window on the channel side than on Hostaway, those days will remain blocked in Hostaway
- If a reservation exists outside of the Booking Window and is canceled, the Booking Window understands that the dates were open and will not close them automatically. The dates should be manually blocked to avoid it being open to new bookings in case of a cancellation
Booking Window & Cross-listing
If you want to cross-list, ensure the same Booking Window setting. Learn more about cross-listings here.