Exporting listings to Booking.com
The Hostaway software allows you to create new listings on Booking.com by automatic export. Allowing you to activate your properties on Booking.com faster than by creating each one manually.
We advise using this function if you have many listings or plan to add listings.
If you have fewer properties it is often better to create them manually on Booking.com.
- Listing export is available no matter the number of listings you might have
- However, please note that getting the LEID can take time and that if you are in hurry, it is faster to build the properties in Booking.com directly
- In order to export listings, you need to have a Booking.com Legal Entity ID (LEID). Please contact Booking.com if you don't have one yet.
- If Booking.com is not managing guest payments you will need to create a Stripe (or Braintree, or View guest Hostaway feature) account and connect it to Hostaway in order for you to charge your guests.
- The Hostaway software exports the listing content only once when the property is created to Booking.com. If you need to adjust images or content after the creation of the property, you would need to do this manually on Booking.com.
NOTE: If you don't have a Booking.com account yet, you need to request one:
Click on the link below and make sure you select Hostaway OY as your channel manager.
- Fill in this online Booking.com form.
- The local Booking.com office will contact you to prepare your account.
To activate these options follow the steps that apply to your current situation.
Exporting a new listing
Important: Existing listings need to be connected by this connection process. These listings cannot be updated by content API. Further, Language should only be set to English (always!).
1) Preparing for Content Export
Important!! You can only export 1 listing per address. When you have more listings on the same address you need to create these manually in Booking.com!
Go to your Hostaway dashboard and click on listings. From here, select the listing you want to export and click on the Edit button and provide as much information as possible.
In order for the export to be successful, please make sure the following details are filled in :
- Under the Basic information tab: each and every field is mandatory. Property type must match channel-specific Booking.com room type (you'll find this in the Channel specific tab)
- Correct and full address details
- Photos and Tags
- Requirements: At least 5 photos.
- Highly advised for better ranking: Good quality photos properly tagged (around 20).
- Tags are mandatory
- Verify the pricing and fees setup, the number of guests included must match and can not be more than the total number of guests allowed under basic info.
- Make sure listing has a price, currency, number of guests included in the price, price per extra person
- Under Additional Info: please always fill in check-in and check-out times and square meters
- Under Additional info: language must be set to English and all content must be written in English.
- Channel-specific title and description: best practice is to have different titles and descriptions per channel:
- The title should not be more than 30 characters
- The description shouldn't be more than 9999 characters
- Contact person information (name and international phone number)
- Bed types
- Licence: Only if it is mandatory in your city
2) Exporting listings to Booking.com
- Login to the Hostaway dashboard > Channel Manager > Configure Booking.com.
- When you have your Legal Entity ID click on the button at the top to add it to your account.
- Once done, log into the Hostaway dashboard > Channel Manager > Configure Booking.com. Click on the export button to request export for your listing (only listings that are fully updated will be exported)
- Hostaway will review the listing and when confirmed that each one is correctly set up, will export the listing to Booking.com.
- Booking.com will then review (automatically or manually) the export. Once created (XML Ready to Open) you will need to check the content, rate setup, policy setup settings in Booking.com personally.
- We will then send you an email asking you to:
- Update your markup in Hostaway (Channel Manager > Settings)
- Make sure that your taxes AND cleaning fee is set up correctly in Booking.com
- Once you have done that, please reply to the email saying it is done and we will make the property Open/Bookable on Booking.com
- The listing will be opened a.s.a.p in order to receive reservations. We advise to always check your first reservations and sync to make sure your setup is correct.
Hostaway aims to have you exporting the highest quality listings to Booking.com in the fastest way possible. The export per listing depends on many factors, listings with accurate and complete details can be online within 24h-72h. Listings that need to be reviewed or are not properly set up might take weeks or months to get activated. Hostaway provides support during the export but you remain fully responsible to verify your listings and settings on Booking.com before opening and after opening and while accepting new guests.
For more information feel free to check our User Guide about Booking.com listing content and settings export