How to connect to Remotelock?
Please note that to connect you will need an active Remotelock account.
- Go to Settings > Integrations > click Activate next to the Remotelock icon:
- You will be redirected to Remotelock. Please log in so you can authorize the connection:
- You will be redirected to Hostaway and Connected will show:
Set up your integration
- Click on the Configure button:
- In the configuration page, there is a list of all listings and a dropdown showing the locks (devices) that exist on Remotelock:
One listing can be mapped to multiple devices, and each device can be mapped to multiple listings.
For each listing, a code validity can be set. You can decide how long before check-in time and after check-out time the code will be active to allow some flexibility to guests who arrive early or depart late. The validity is set in minutes.
For faster setup, the validity can be copied from one listing to other listings by clicking the copy button on the right side:
You can update the device list that appears in the dropdown by pressing the
Update device listbutton at the top:
By pressing the
Create door codesbutton codes will be generated for all
modifiedreservations, as well as
owner stayswith check-in date in the future (today + 1 day). These codes will overwrite any existing codes.
Manage your door codes
- Whenever a new reservation comes in, Remotelock automatically generates a door code and sends it to Hostaway. The code appears on the reservation page in the
door codefield, and can be used in message automation:
The code is valid, which means it can be used to open the lock, between the validity times set in the Remotelock configuration page.
Manually changing the code in the Hostaway dashboard automatically updates it on Remotelock. Note that Remotelock has rules that limit which codes can be used (no sequential numbers, can’t use the same code in multiple devices and other rules) - if Remotelock rejects the code from the client, a new code needs to be set.
Changing the dates/check-in/out times of the reservation automatically updates the validity on Remotelock.
Cancelling the reservation revokes access to the lock.
Changing the code on Remotelock does NOT update it on Hostaway.
The last four digits of the guest’s phone number cannot be automatically set as the door code, in order to comply with Remotelock’s code security standards.
If the automatic generation of codes is turned on in the listing settings (listing > additional info) and Remotelock is connected to the listing, the Remotelock code will prevail. The default door code that is set on the listing will never update on Remotelock, and will only be used in message automations when the reservation doesn’t have a door code.
- In Settings > Integrations press
Disconnectnext to the Remotelock icon
- After confirming the popup, you will be redirected to the Remotelock dashboard. Click on Hostaway:
Note: We do not support Igloo Locks, ResortLocks or ReadyPIN devices.