This page provides an overview of the Reservations feature and how to manage it. Please take a look at this video for a quick introduction to the module.
- New: Confirmed reservation
- Modified: When a reservation is modified (rates, dates, number of guests, etc.)
- Confirmed: New + Modified reservations combined we call them "confirmed" to show in the dashboard
- Canceled: You canceled a reservation (direct or website reservations) or canceled via one of your channels or the guest canceled it
- Pending: Airbnb only - A guest has entered credit card details on Airbnb and is waiting for your approval
- Awaiting Payment: Airbnb only - The guest is approved but Airbnb is waiting for a payment method
- Declined: Airbnb only - Used for declined pending reservations
- Inquiries: Airbnb only - Question from a guest who hasn't booked yet (you can pre-approve guests)
You can filter for more than one reservation status at the same time by using the "More" filter feature under Reservations.
Note that you:
- Cannot cancel a reservation (except if Hostaway Direct/Booking Engine/WordPress)
- Cannot modify the check-in/out dates (except if Hostaway Direct/Booking Engine/WordPress)
In case a reservation has been canceled/modified by the channel but not in Hostaway, please contact our Support Team with the guest name, check-in date, and Hostaway reservation ID.
Inquiries - Airbnb only
- Inquiry: This is a question sent from a guest who is not ready to book yet. You can pre-approve the guest in the Reservation details
- Inquiry Pre-approved: This is a pre-approved inquiry. It means the dates are reserved for the guest, and the guest has 24 hours to confirm the booking
- Inquiry Timed-out: If an inquiry is not answered within 24 hours, it will time out automatically
- Inquiry Not Possible: This is rare but is used when a guest makes an inquiry that is later deleted. For example, a fraudulent guest account might get deleted after the inquiry was made, and this status is a result of it. Or these dates can't be booked
- Inquiry Denied: This is a guest who wanted to book, and the host denied it. Airbnb only releases email and phone numbers once a reservation is approved/Accepted by both parties
Approving inquiries and pending reservations
You can approve pending reservations and pre-approve guests who send inquiries. Go to the reservation details to find these options.
The Pre-approve button and the Approve button will only be shown within 24 hours after the inquiry has been made and can be seen on:
- Reservation details are found on the Reservation menu > Reservation details per booking
- Messaging area: Messages > Click on the specific reservation that has a pending inquiry > Found at the top of the chat area beside the Assign User dropdown menu
Difference between Pre-Approval and Approval
- Pre-Approve: A guest has contacted the host about specific dates and the host has responded by inviting them to book the dates. If there is an inquiry coming from the guest but without any credit card yet entered - this guest can be pre-approved by the host. If the guest accepts the pre-approval request within 24 hours, their reservation will be confirmed
- Approve: If there is a reservation request wherein the guest has already provided their credit card details, and the guest is ready to book without further questions, this can be approved by the host
Reservations that are received from partners i.e. ICND use of the public API are recorded under the new channel "Partners".
For channels that do not automatically get charged, the column Payment will show whether the guest provided an accepted credit card. If they did, it would show a Stripe logo. You can use Stripe to charge the guest.
Financial fields and formulas
This section is under the main reservation details and is visible to admin-level users only. It includes the relevant financial fields and formulas that apply to the reservation, allowing for a quick dive into the numbers per reservation. This brings the power and flexibility of Financial Reporting to the reservation page, where it is more easily accessible and can help with troubleshooting as well.
It is possible to edit reservations in the Mobile App. For that, go to a reservation and on the top-right of the screen click on the the three dots.
The editing options and limitations are similar to the existing ones in the dashboard. This is especially useful for adding host notes, modifying the number of guests, check-in/out dates (for some channels), and phone numbers.
You can also check and update the following via the Mobile App:
- Door codes
- Reservation Cancellation
- Accept inquiries from the Booking Engine through the Inbox