Touch Stay is a digital guidebook software enabling hospitality professionals of any size the ability to easily share property and area information with their guests, creating a more personal experience. Guests get access via a simple link that is sent to them ahead of their stay, replacing the need for Word docs, PDFs, print-outs and complex emails. It's even available offline. And, for those who still crave paper, or simply want to switch devices off whilst on holiday, Touch Stay provides a printable PDF.
Touch Stay integrates with Hostaway to import your properties and then automate invitations sent out to confirmed bookings.
Connect to Touch Stay?
- To Sign up with Touch Stay please click here.
- Once you are logged into your Touch Stay account you need to authorize your account with Hostaway by navigating to the 'Account' page and selecting the 'Integrations' tab:
- Here you can click on the 'Connect' button below the Hostaway logo:
- Then you will be required to enter the Hostaway Account ID and API Key in the relevant fields and click 'Save':
You need to find your Hostaway ID and API key from the Hostaway dashboard:
- Go to the Hostaway Dashboard.
- Click on 'Marketplace' within the dashboard, then search for the relevant partner and click on the 'Connect/Configure' button available there:
- This will expand the partner box and you can click on 'Connect' again to start generating the Keys:
- Then you can click 'Create' to generate the API Key:
- The new credentials will then be presented on the screen. Please make sure to copy and save the API Key safely as it will be visible only once:
- Once you have collected the Account ID and API Key from Hostaway, you can enter them into your Touch Stay account on the relevant page and click 'Save':
- If entered correctly the connection will be authorized and you will see the following page:
- Once authorised, you can match any existing Touch Stay guides to your Hostaway listings. Click on 'Match & Import' to proceed and you can use the drop-downs to select the correct Hostaway listing for each Touch Stay guide that is listed:
When complete, click “Match Selected”. If you don’t have any to match, then just click “Skip” without choosing any Hostaway listings. If you don’t see any guides on this step then they are already matched and you can move on to step 3.
If you have any remaining unmatched listings from Hostaway then the next screen allows you to import those into Touch Stay. Simply check the ones you want to import and click the “Import Selected” button. If you don’t want to import any, or don’t have any remaining, then just click “Skip” whilst leaving the selections blank.
Touch Stay will import the following:
- Property Name
- Property Address
Matching or importing rentals won’t automatically sync reservations from Hostaway, so now is the time to check the content of your welcome books and make sure they’re in tip-top shape and ready to share with your guests. If you’re new to Touch Stay then check out the Getting Started page for hints and tips on the quickest way to build out your welcome book content.
To send out messages to guests from bookings that come from Hostaway you’ll first need to create some message templates using Memo. The bookings from Hostaway will then follow your message workflow and any default settings as defined by the templates that you create. See the Memo help articles for how to add message templates and create a notification journey for your guests:
You can also connect your door lock codes and expected check-in/out times from Hostaway by creating custom field codes and mapping them to the relevant fields in Hostaway before adding them to your Memo templates:
Please refer to How to connect customer field codes with Hostaway for more information on this.
Once your welcome books are ready and Memo message templates are in place then you can start syncing with Hostaway.
The sync settings can be found on the Integrations tab under the Settings option for Hostaway, select "Reservation Sync Settings":
Here you can choose whether to import all your future reservations or have Touch Stay only import new reservations. If you are new to Touch Stay then choose "All reservations". If you are already a user of Touch Stay messaging before you connect your Hostaway account then it's best to choose "New reservations only" to prevent duplicate reservations from being imported.
Next, select the guides to start syncing by using the checkboxes (note the "Select All" option at the bottom left) and click Submit.
If you have selected "All reservations" then all your future dated bookings from Hostaway will now be imported and will generate invitations and schedule email or SMS messages based on the reservation details and your Touch Stay message template schedules. All future reservations for guides with the sync active will also now be imported automatically.
You can refer to the Touch Stay Knowledge Base for more information.