Authenticating.com provides identity verification and fraud prevention technology for trust and safety worldwide. Individuals prove their authenticity in 20 seconds with images of any government issued photo ID or passport from 200 countries, in 38 different languages and a simple selfie. With facial recognition and anti-spoofing liveness detection, Authenticating.com ensures the person providing the document is indeed the owner of that document. This no code solution can be added to any guest check-in or direct booking experience.
Steps to connect to Authenticating.com
1. You will have to enter your Hostaway account and go to the Hostaway API settings or just do it step by step as described below:
- Go to Hostaway.
- Go to Settings > Hostaway API
- Under the Hostaway Public API, you will find:
- Click on the Create button
- Enter a name
- You will see the API key. We will show it only one time! Make sure to save it
You can find more information about the API key in this article.
You will also need your account ID. You can find it in Settings
2. Sign up for an account with Authenticating.com here.
3. Go to https://dashboard.hostaway.com/reservations/manage-custom-fields and create a
custom field with the information as shown in the screenshot below:
Custom Field Name: Authenticating.com Verification Link
4. Head over to https://portal.authenticating.com/, login and click on the integrations page.
You should see the Hostaway icon. Click on it:
5. Add your API Key and Account ID here. Make sure the integration is turned on and then
6. To start verifying guests at your property, make use of Hostaway's in-built automation
tool over here.
A few pointers to remember when creating automation. We highly recommend you
trigger the automation at least 30 minutes after the booking is made. This is to ensure
that the custom field value is populated with the verification link that the customer will
use to verify their identity.
Below is a screenshot of standard automation used by most clients. It sends an email
to the property guest, with a verification link from Authentication.com which they can use
to verify their identity.
How to insert the Authenticating.com’s custom variable into your automation:
As soon as a guest completes their verification, you will get an email with the results.
You can refer to How to create Message Automations for more information.