How to set up cross-listings?
Cross-listing allows setting a relationship between several listings: 1 parent and 1 or more children. (1-level relationship). When a child listing gets a reservation, it will block the parent but not other child listings. When a parent gets a reservation, it will block all child listings. To learn more please watch this quick video.
Cross-list your listings
Where to find the cross-listings feature?
- Go to Channel Manager
- At the end of the listing line, click on the "..."
- Click on the Link child listings
What are the restrictions?
- Duplicate listings are not allowed
- A parent listing cannot be a child to another listing
- A child listing can only have one parent and cannot be a parent itself
- It is not possible to manually block a child and not the parent. Same, it is not possible to manually block a parent and not the child listings
- A listing in a cross-listing situation cannot be deleted. You will have to unlink first
- Hostaway listing iCal links should not be used or linked to other listings in the same account by an iCal
- Calendar days already blocked on the import of a parent listing are not automatically reflected on the children listing's calendar
Select the child listings
Some may appear with a lock, meaning that their selection is not possible.
This may be because those are already in a parent-child relationship or because it's the parent itself.
Once you have clicked on "Confirmed Selection", you will see that relationship established in the Channel manager.
If you use the Booking Window, it is important that this setting is the same for all listings (parent/children).
How does it look in the calendar?
In the multi and monthly calendar, you can see that relationship and the affected days.
Reservations will show in dark green. The light green symbolized blocked days due to cross-listings.