Expedia & Credit Cards
When Expedia requires you to handle guest payments, the Hostaway software can forward the credit card details to the connected payment provider.
To receive the card details, you need to ask your Expedia Account manager to activate this forwarding option in the channel management program and make sure it includes both the card number and the CVC code.
You can charge automatically these cards using the Hostaway Guest Payment
Virtual Credit Card
This is the most used option. Expedia charges the Guest's credit card and sends you a Virtual Credit Card that matches the total of the reservation.
- Virtual Credit Cards can only be charged at the moment of check-out
- Pros: You are sure to have the money
- Cons: If you need to charge a damage deposit, you will need to ask the guest's credit card at arrival to pre-auth it, or request the credit card via the Guest Portal.
Guest Credit Card
- This is the direct Guest's Credit Card
- Pros: If you want to charge extra services or damage deposits, you can
- Cons: If there is not enough money on the card, you can't charge and need to ask the guest and deal with payments yourself