How to connect an existing Expedia property to Hostaway
Once a property is live on Expedia, you can connect it through the Expedia partner central. Some accounts do not have access to the Channel Manager option within the Expedia partner central. If your account does not have a Channel Manager option, please contact Expedia and ask them to enable it for your properties.
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- Each room category must have a maximum of 1 room in Expedia.com.
- There has to be a property within Hostaway for each of the room categories on Expedia.com. Check your Listings page and add a listing or import one from Airbnb until all properties are available on Hostaway.
- Check your rates in the Hostaway calendar and the rates in your Expedia channel to make sure they use the same currency.
- Apply for a connection within Expedia partner central:
- Go to your Partner central for the property
- Choose Rooms and Rates > Expedia connectivity settings.
If you can't find this option, you have to contact Expedia to activate your channel manager access.
- Search for Hostaway.
- Select Hostaway Oy, two-way connection and click "Connect".
- Then click on "Download rates and room mapping".
- Connect the property inside Hostaway:
- Go to Channel Manager > Channels.
- Click on "Activate" or Configure Expedia.com.
- Add the Property ID and we'll download all the room categories.
- Assign each room category to a property inside Hostaway. Make sure you assign all room categories!
- Check rates, markups, and availability:
- Upon connecting, we will download the reservations from Expedia. We will upload the Hostaway calendar availability and rates, increased by a 15% markup, to Expedia.com
- Depending on your rate category configuration and currency, 15% may not be the correct markup. Check the rates on the Expedia to ensure they are on the desired level.
- To adjust the markup, go inside Hostaway to Channel manager > Listing mapping tab and click on the "On" button behind the listing for Expedia.
- To add multiple Expedia hotel IDs, click on the "Configure" button then on the text link "+Add new" and enter the next hotel ID to map to a listing.
Good to know:
- I'm not using multi-room available in my Expedia account.
- When I change my room mapping in Expedia after connection, I will remap my listing in Hostaway.
- I understand that remapping will remove all Hostaway Expedia reservation data.
- I'm aware Expedia only exports reservation made 30 days before today for future days.
- I'm aware that I need to ask Expedia to forward guest email and cc details to my channel manager.
- I'm aware that room changes or cancelation requests with penalty fee are not compatible with the channel manager.
When we push LOS to Expedia, example minimum stay is 8 days and in Expedia, your account's minimum stay is 1 day. Expedia will not accept the update with +5. To make changes possible, please log in to Expedia and change it to 5 days as a standard so any range between 1 and 10 days will be accepted.
Expedia does not export the historical date of reservation before the time you connect.
Expedia only forwards future reservation made 30 days before the connection. If you have a reservation in the future made before this time, you need to add them manually.
Always check all your connected listings by Expedia after adding new Expedia properties and/or change mapping for correct Rates, Availability and import all reservations Expedia is providing.
Missing reservations need to be added as direct bookings in the Hostaway software to block off the days.