When you create an auto task like 'Check Reservation', you might have several steps or sub-tasks you need to go over. For example, sub-tasks can include: checking if the payment has been made, checking if the transport is needed, checking if the 'thank you for booking email' has been sent, etc.
With the checklist template, it is not needed to create a task for every part individually or to add it to a long description where sub-tasks might be forgotten to be checked.
Any item in the checklist can be checked as done individually in the task before marking the task as completed.
Creating a Checklist Template
To create a Checklist Template please follow the next steps:
- Go to Hostaway Dashboard > Tasks
- Click on Checklist Templates > Add Checklist Template
If you have already created some Checklist Templates you will be able to visualize them and you can also click on the "Add new template" button to build a new one.
- Title: Checklist name
- Active: To set it as available to be used and when not in use anymore, you can de-activate it
- Description: Description of the checklist
- Checklist items: List of sub-tasks under the main task. Here, you can add the sub-tasks as items that need to be done within the main task. You can add one item per line in the correct order. The order though can not be rearranged during creation and after saving
Save the checklist and use it for your auto tasks.