The new Unified Inbox centralizes all host-guest communication under one tool removing the need to move between different OTA’s applications and even devices in order to save time and increase responsiveness. With the ability to send channel messages, emails, SMS and (soon) Whatsapp messages you'll only need one Inbox to communicate with guests.
This feature is currently only available for users under the early access program. If you wish to activate this feature on your account please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does this new feature include:
- Ability to send messages via OTA API for Airbnb & Booking.com. For other channels, messaging is still based on an email proxy system.
- Ability to send messages via email. Meaning you are able to send and receive messages to and from the guest email provider (e.g. Google).
- Ability to use two-way SMS (text messages only) communication with a 140 characters limitation and in the countries where the service is applicable. Please check this article to understand in which countries two-way SMS messaging is available.
- Ability to mark messages read/unread
- Ability to Snooze messages for a given time and to automatically recover the message after the time has passed.
- Ability to send attachments with the following limitations:
- Airbnb only accepts image files as in .jpg, .png
-Booking.com accepts images & pdfs
- For all other channels you can send both images & pdfs
- Ability to Assign a message thread to a Hostaway User of the same account.
- Ability to set notifications for conversation assigment in the Notifications module.
- Ability to leave internal notes for users.
- Ability to Pre-approve Airbnb Inquiries in message module.
- Ability to send Airbnb Special Offers in message module and have logs for this in the guest message thread.
- Quicker refresh timing which allows seeing new messages without the need to refresh the page.
- Ability to schedule a message send via Emai, SMS or API.
- Ability to use a responsive version of the Inbox on mobile devices.