The Inbox centralizes all host-guest communications in one place, eliminating the need to switch between different OTA applications and even devices to save time and increase responsiveness. With the ability to send channel messages, email, SMS, and WhatsApp messages, you'll only need one inbox to communicate with your guests.
- Ability to send messages via OTA API for Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo API connection. For other channels, messaging is still based on an email proxy system
- Ability to send messages via email. This means you can send and receive messages to and from the guest email provider (i.e. Google)
- To use your own email address instead of the Hostaway sender email address, rread this article
- Ability to use two-way SMS (text messages only) communication with a 140-character limitation and in the countries where the service is applicable. Please check this article to understand in which countries two-way SMS messaging is available
- Ability to set notifications for conversation assignments in Notifications
- Ability to leave internal notes for users
- Ability to Pre-approve Airbnb Inquiries
- Ability to send Airbnb Special Offers
- Quicker refresh timing allows seeing new messages without the need to refresh the page
- Ability to use a responsive version of the Inbox on mobile devices
Mark messages as read/unread
When importing listings, Hostaway imports reservations and generates the message threads, but they are by default unread. You can mark these messages as read in bulk.
Simply choose the option to mark the message as Read/ Archive > Select the date of the last message sent or received > Click on confirm:
- If there are many threads to be updated, the process may take a few minutes
- Read/unread status is per user, but archiving is for all the threads from one account
When a message automation is sent, although the message is sent with your username, it will be displayed as unread since you didn't write it yourself
When a new reservation is imported to Hostaway, no matter who sent the last message, it will be displayed as unread
When a guest answers back, the conversation will be marked as unread
When you reply from the channel directly, the message will be marked as unread. We cannot display the conversation as Read in Hostaway since it has been Read outside of Hostaway
You can also mark these messages as unread or archive them individually:
You can snooze messages for a given time and automatically recover the message after the time has passed.
Ability to send attachments with the following limitations:
- Airbnb only accepts image files as .jpg and .png
- Booking.com only accepts image files as .jpg and .png
- Direct email: images & PDFs
Ability to assign a message thread to a Hostaway User on the same account.
Note: You can filter by Unassigned thread in the inbox. If you want to quickly check the messages that are not assigned to a User, you can use this filter to check the Unassigned threads.
Schedule manual messages
You can schedule manual messages
HTML is available in the inbox to help format messages. This option is available only for direct channels as other channels do not allow HTML. Some options include text formatting, adding images, hyperlinks, and alignment.
New message notification
You don't need to go to your Inbox to see if you have any new unread messages. A circular notification with a number inside it will indicate the messages received. Note that this number will update automatically if the "New message" notification is enabled in the Dashboard. If not, it will update when you refresh any page.