Use Guest Invoicing and Auto Charge features
Watch our 40-minute webinar
Watch our 2 minutes How-to
Create the Auto Invoice
- Title > This will be a title for all invoices created from this Auto Invoice
- Currency > Should be the same as the one you use in Hostaway or the channel
- Channel > Select the Channel the Auto Invoice with Auto Charge will apply to
- Note > you can select all listings or multiple listings
- Title > Add a title for the invoice
- Percentage Fee > Set it as 100%. This will ensure the full amount of reservation total price will be invoiced
- Add Item > only needed if you wish to have multiple lines
Create the Auto Charge
Add an AutoCharge by clicking Add Item:
Fill in the Auto charge details:
- Title > Title of the charge. It is internal, the guest will not see it on the invoice
- Amount > You can charge a fixed fee or percentage.
- Scheduled by > It can be X hours/or days, after/At/Before Reservation, at Creation/Check-in/Checkout event
How to set up Split Charges?
- Click on Add Item to add another charge
IMPORTANT: If your auto-charges are more than the total of a reservation, the system will not trigger the charge. This is a security on our side to not charge more than the reservation.
If you wish, you can take the charge manually.
You can choose if you want to add a charge or a Pre-Auth.
Split Charges for Vrbo API
If you have configured split charges in Hostaway for the Vrbo channel, it will reflect in Vrbo as well. However, do bear in mind the following:
- Vrbo supports payments schedule per day, not hours. That means that any setup that includes a difference of hours from the event trigger will be rounded. The rounding is done to the nearest day to the event. For example, a trigger of 36 hours after check-in will be rounded down to 1 day after check-in. A trigger of 36 hours before check-in will be rounded up to 1 day before check-in. A trigger of 3 hours after reservation will be rounded down to a reservation.
- Vrbo requires charging an amount at the moment of reservation therefore if no charge exists for that moment, the guest will only be charged the VRBO's service fee (do remember the Vrbo's service fee is always charged at the moment of reservation).
- When the auto-charged is configured with a combination of percentage and flat fees (as in the below image), in almost all cases the auto-charges will not be equal to the total reservation amount.