Stripe is a payment processor for credit cards. In order to collect payments or pre-authorize security deposits, you need a payment processor.
How the Stripe connection works
All credit card details that are given to Hostway will be securely uploaded onto your Stripe account.
Once a credit card is successfully transferred to Stripe, you can find it under your Stripe account and pre-authorize or charge the card there.
Note: Only cards added to the system AFTER Stripe is connected will be uploaded. Make sure to connect Stripe at your earliest convenience. Also bear in mind that you can only connect Hostaway to Stripe if you do not have it connected with Braintree (Hostaway does not allow to have both Stripe and Braintree connected for the same Hostaway account).
If you wish to send automatic receipts, read this article.
For the main account level connection:
- Login both to the main Stripe.com account and Hostaway dashboard.
- Go to menu Settings - Integrations.
- For Stripe (upgrade) section click on the activate button.
- Your browser will redirect to Stripe to confirm your connection with your Hostaway account.
- After you confirmed you are redirected back to the Hostaway dashboard where the Stripe connection shows active.
For individual listing level Stripe accounts when using multiple Stripe accounts:
- First, connect your main stripe account on the listing level.
- Log out of the current Stripe account and log in to the listing-specific Stripe account.
- Go to menu listings - per listing click on the edit button - Payment accounts tab.
- Connect the Stripe (upgrade) account by clicking on the button connect to get redirected to Stripe.
- Confirm the connection to get redirected back to the Hostaway dashboard.
Tip - Inside Stripe.com under Settings > Billing > Subscriptions and Emails
Set Retry Schedule to use Smart Retries within 1 week to avoid losing payments
2. Activate Customer Emails to Send emails when card payments fail. The email can be customized with the client's logo and brand style.
3. Activate Manage Payments that require 3D Secure. Specific reminder days settings are up to client.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you have completed your account profile on the Stripe side with all required business details.
Simplify the guest payment process with these other partner integrations.