Price & Fees
From this page, you can create custom fees to add manually or use to upsell in your booking engine.
What can you do on this page?
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Listings
- Click on Edit
- Click on Prices & Fees
- Make the necessary adjustments
From there you can update:
- BasePrice - This is your default price. Changing it will not update your calendar rate except for dates that have the same original Base Price. It is also used for newly created dates (we open a new month, 2 years in the future)
- Markup - Read more about markup
- Price for extra person
- Refundable Damage Deposit Fee
- Cleaning Fee and other Standard Fees
- Custom Fees
- Check on the channel(s) that changes are applying correctly
- You can use this page fees and export to other listings by using the bulk update option
Direct channel Fees (extra fees and extra discounts)
These fees can be applied to Direct Reservations coming from the Booking Engine, WordPress plugin, and the Hostaway Dashboard.
You can create extra fees and discounts directly from Listing > Edit > Price & Fees > Add Fees
Direct channel fees
You can select a fee type, and amount, choose between flat or percentage, and to what you want to apply this new fee (per guest, per reservation, per night, per guest per night).
- Credit card fee
- Kitchen linen fee
- Linen package fee
- Transfer fee
- Wristband fee
- Extra beds fee
- Service fee
- Bed linen fee
- Booking fee
- Pet fee
- Ski pass
- Tourism Fee
- Children extra fee
- Resort Fee
- Insurance Fee
If you make the fees mandatory, they will always appear in the reservation and are not removable by the guest. The mandatory direct channel fees are automatically added to the Hostaway reservation amount during checkout.
Learn here how to add fees to Vrbo.
If you select the direct channel fee is not mandatory in the listing level, you have the option to select the fees once the reservation has been created. Once you edit the reservation, it will edit the Total Price of the reservation.
Note: The percentage of the optional fees such as credit card could be either applied to the base rate or the entire reservation amount.
In Hostaway you can create weekly and monthly discounts or create custom ones from the listing page, specifically from the Price & fees tab.
To create discounts you should follow the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Listings > Choose a listing > Edit
- Go to Price & fees > Discount tab
- Enter the weekly & monthly discount you would like to apply
- You can also add a custom discount by clicking "+ Add discount".
Weekly and monthly discounts will be functional for Hostaway Channels, Vrbo, and Airbnb.
Please note that custom discounts will only be functional for Hostaway channels, i.e. Booking Engine, Direct Reservations, and WordPress Plugin.
If you would like to offer discounts, aside from weekly and monthly ones, on Airbnb you must follow the steps in this article.
If you would like to offer any discounts on Booking.com you should do it directly on the channel by following the steps in this article. Hostaway does not support discounts for Booking.com at the moment.