The Hostaway Zapier trigger for New / Updated reservations provides you with all your reservation events in one trigger setup. This makes it very easy to use with all the great other tools you can connect your zap to on Zapier.com.
How to trigger based on set conditions?
For most Zaps you build you will use the default trigger that sends all reservation events unfiltered. When you are in a specific need to filter the Zap to trigger based on conditions Hostaway with Zapier app has amazing powerful filtering tools available for you. To filter based on an unlimited combination of conditions you can use the action trigger Filter by Zapier or Paths by Zapier in your setup.
Using the Filter by Zapier is easy to setup:
- Start your Zap with the Trigger Hostaway reservations New / Updated.
- Add as the next action the option Filter by Zapier.
- Select the field from your imported example reservation you like to filter based on for example Status.
- Set a condition like "Only continue" when the "Status" of the reservation is "New".
- Then add the next action to it what to do when the condition event has this condition.
With the options + And / + Or you can filter even more out. For example, you set field Status = New and add field Channel = Airbnb. In that case, the Zap will only continue when your reservation event is new and came in from the Airbnb channel.
When your zap did not trigger based on the condition you have set, verify the payload in your zap history to see what the value was for the field you selected above and adjust to it.
Filter by using Paths by Zapier for advanced users:
Similar to the above filter option for Zapier advanced users there is a great tool called Paths by Zapier. The main difference here is that you can set up to 5 different paths in one Zap on what to do with any triggered event and divide it into different paths to work with.
- First, you add the Hostaway Trigger for New / Updated reservations.
- Add the action paths by Zapier next and start building out your paths based on conditions.
- Per path, you can define the conditions to check for similar to the filter option above.
Important to remember:
You find the Payload example data based on your Hostaway account example reservations during Trigger testing in the Zap. First, you select an example Reservation and can read from the Payload what field you have available for it. Reservation custom field data only shows when this has a value in the Hostaway reservation itself on your dashboard. When you would like to review why a Zap didn't move forward you can review this based on your Zap History in your Zapier account menu that provides you with the payload and action data for your Zap.