Zapier.com allows you to connect to more than 3500 different software companies and services. Zapier allows you to trigger an action based on an event in your Hostaway account. In 2021 we are releasing the Hostaway Zapier App to be used with your account.
The following options are coming to Zapier:
- Trigger based on New/Modified Reservation
- Trigger based on New inquiry
- Trigger based on New guest message
- Action to add data per reservation in the Host Note section
- Action to find a reservation in your Hostaway account
Requirements for Zapier use:
- A paid Hostaway subscription and main account owner access
- A paid Zapier subscription
- Experienced in configuring software and excel
How Zapier zaps tasks works:
In Zapier you can create multiple "Zaps" that will "do something" based on your zap configuration. Every Zap can basically have a Trigger option, an Action option, or a combination of them.
- The Trigger option is used when you have an update in your Hostaway account that Triggers in Zapier an Action to be done in the other connected app.
- The Action option is used when something happened in the other connected app that triggers an action to do something with it in your Hostaway account.
A Trigger task example. For every new reservation, you wish to automatically add a new line in your Google Spreadsheet. In this example, the Trigger is on the Hostaway side and sends at the moment a new reservation comes in this information to Zapier. In Zapier the Action is then on the Google sheet side to create a new line in your Google sheet and add this information to it. Every time a new reservation comes in Zapier will perform 1 task for it.
An Action task example. For every reservation from a "channel", you have sent this information before to HelloSign to send a rental contract to the guest. The Guest signs this contract. At this moment the Trigger is on HelloSign side to let Zapier know that the contract is Signed. From there the action will be to find and add the signed contract link to the reservation-specific Host Note section in your Hostaway account.
Start using the Hostaway Zapier APP in Beta stage:
Important: the Zapier APP is currently in the early beta stage. This means that we are still working on it as much as possible we try to make sure the app is working correctly. Using the APP is at your own risk and might need some adjustments in your Zap setup over time.
Use this link when you are logged in to your Zapier account to get access to the Hostaway Zapier App.