How to create User Groups?
Creating a new User Group
To create a new User Group please follow the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > User Management
- From the "Groups" tab > Click on "Add New"
- Fill in the required information
Users can have rights to create, read, update, and delete in the system.
In the example below, we want to make sure that the cleaners can read (view) some parts of the Hostaway software and only create, update, and read the tasks. In this example, it is not allowed for the cleaners to see the financial details of the reservation but they do need to receive some confirmation of new bookings.
If, in the future, you need to add new rights or change the rights for the cleaner groups, you only need to adjust there and the new rights will apply to all users in that group.
Adding Users to a Group
To add users to a group please follow the next steps:
- First, you should create users
- Go to "Users" > "Edit"
- Scroll down > "Access permissions" > "Select group"
- In the dropdown > Select the group you would like this user to be part of
- You can decide which users are visible to other users in the tasks module
- Users that are not assigned to a group, or users with admin access can view all users and be seen by everyone