Discount Coupons Overview
The coupon feature enables you to configure and create coupons that can be applied to direct reservations, reservations from the Booking Engine, and the WordPress plugin.
How to create a coupon?
To create a coupon, follow these steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Reservations
- Click on Coupons > "Add Coupon"
- You will be asked to fill out some information in a pop-up window:
- Name: To identify the coupon
- All coupons on the same Hostaway account must have a different name
- No spaces are allowed
- The name can contain numbers and letters but no special characters or spaces
- Amount: It will be the discount that will apply
- Type can be a percentage (i.e. 5%) or a flat value (i.e. 20 EUR if listing in EUR)
- This discount will apply to the base rate of the reservation
- Minimum nights: Specify the minimum number of nights for the coupon to be applied. If the minimum is not met, the coupon will not be applied
- By default, it will be 1
- For instance, if you set the value to 3, the coupon or discount will only be applied to bookings of 3 nights or longer
- Max uses: You can limit the amount of times that a coupon can be used
- If empty, there will be no limit
- Check-in dates: Limit the coupon usage to check-in dates within a specific time frame
- It has a “from” and a “to” to select a range of dates
- You can leave it empty if you don’t want to limit the coupon/discount to a specific check-in period
- Validity: defines the time during which the coupon can be used
It has a “from” and a “to” to select a range of dates
- You can leave it empty if you don’t want to limit the coupon/discount to a specific period
- Coupons can only be created, deleted, or their status changed by
- Account owners
- Admin-level right users
- Users with rights to "create" or "modify" reservations
- All conditions must be met simultaneously for the coupon to be applied
- Upon saving the coupon, it will be displayed as active by default
- Existing coupons cannot be edited or deleted, but they can be activated or deactivated. A coupon can only be deleted if it has not been used
- Only active coupons can be applied to reservations
- Coupons will expire if the validity date already passed
- Coupons can't be created with past validity or check-in dates
- Expired or inactive coupons will be greyed out
How to apply a coupon?
- Coupons can apply to Direct, Booking Engine, and WordPress Plugin reservations
- All custom discounts must be applied manually, none of them apply automatically. Custom Discounts can only be added manually when editing the reservation or when creating the reservation in the dashboard. We do not support last-minute discounts for the Booking Engine
- In direct reservations, Booking Engine, and WordPress, you will see a new option to "Add a coupon". Only 1 coupon can apply per reservation
- To be able to introduce it, it is necessary to first select a listing and a check-in and check-out date so the system can calculate the correct discount. The coupons apply to the base rate, but the system also takes into account the price for extra persons and discounts as part of the base rate
- When you introduce a coupon that meets all the criteria you will see a confirmation message and the total price will be automatically adapted. If not valid, the system will show you why
- It is not possible to cancel an already-applied coupon for a direct reservation. If needed you can cancel the reservation and create a new one
- In the Booking Engine & WordPress Plugin, the option will also be available if check-in and check-out dates are selected
- You will see it as part of the breakdown. In this case, this coupon is 10%, applying to the base rate and price for an extra person (so 10% of 2.000+500 which makes 250).
- Coupons also apply independently from having any other discount (weekly discount for instance).
How to delete a Coupon?
Only coupons that are not used can be deleted by pressing the X icon on the right side next to the status column.
If a coupon has been used even once, it cannot be deleted. Therefore, it is advisable to double-check the name and settings of the coupon before sharing it with guests.