Vrbo and iCal
Connecting Vrbo by iCal
Once a property is live on Vrbo, you can connect it through the iCal calendar link.
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- All listings you have on Vrbo are also created in Hostaway.
- When you log in to Vrbo calendar you see in the top right corner the menu option "import & export" calendar.
- Decide if you wish to include "Tentative reservation requests" as a booking or not.
- Setup your connection per listing:
- Log in to your Hostaway account and go to menu Channel Manager > Channels.
- Click on "Activate" or "Configure" for Vrbo iCal.
- In the new window, at the top, select the listing you'd like to map to Vrbo.
- Copy the Hostaway export iCal link
- Go to Vrbo> Calendar for this listing, click on the "Import calendar" option and insert the link and save. You should instantly see that your Vrbo calendar gets blocked for reservations that you have in Hostaway.
- From Vrbo you can export the reservations. When you get the link, it asks you if you wish to include or exclude "Tentative" (inquiries) reservations. Turn this option off if you do not wish to import them and copy the link.
- Add the link in Hostaway where it asks for the import link.
- After completing this verify if all reservations are synced and dates are correctly blocked on both sides.
- When you get an error "Vrbo cannot import iCal": Try a couple of times - sometimes it takes 5 or more attempts to get it implemented.
- Hostaway imports the updated reservations by iCal every 30 minutes. Vrbo imports and updates any iCal calendar every 60 minutes. When you get a reservation in Vrbo and urgently need to block off the dates, block them manually in Hostaway calendar until the new sync comes in.
What are the other channels that have an iCal connection with Hostaway? Check our Marketplace