How to Setup Google Analytics for the Booking Engine ? Follow
Setup Google Analytics for Hostaway Booking Engine
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, currently as a platform inside the Google Marketing Platform brand.
How to Connect?
- Sign-up for Google Analytics
- You would need to create a new Google Analytics Account from Google Analytics > Admin > Create Account and then follow instructions to create a new Property. You can follow the support article from Google to Create a property from here
- Make sure to select the option to create Both a Google Analytics 4 property and a Universal Analytics property during the process.
- Once a new property is created, you will be given a Tracking ID to identify the property created. Please refer to the GA support article from here to locate the Tracking ID
- Follow instructions to set view the Global site tag (gtag.js) - Please refer to the Google Analytics support page from here
- Copy/ Paste the Tracking ID from GA to Booking Engine > Advanced > Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Copy/ Paste the Global site tag from GA to Booking Engine > Advanced > Header Script
- Make sure to save the changes.
Article is closed for comments.