Import/Map a Hostaway listing to Airbnb
To add or map a new Airbnb listing please follow the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Channel Manager > Channels > Configure
- In the account list, click on Import & Mapping
- Depending on what you need, either click on "Import" or select the listing and click map
- Import: Import a non-existing listing in Hostaway from Airbnb. A new listing will be created in Hostaway and connected to the one in Airbnb
- Map: Connect an Airbnb listing to an existing Hostaway listing. First, select the listing you want to connect to in Hostaway and then click on "Map"
- Reimport: It will replace the Hostaway listing settings with the Airbnb ones. (for example, if you wish to update the photos in Hostaway with the ones you have in Airbnb)
- Reimport does not reimport calendar values/settings
- Whenever you press reimport in the channel manager, you will see a warning that your settings may be overwritten by the settings in the channel. This will allow you to prepare or make changes as necessary
To learn more please read our article about Airbnb's limitations and recommendations.
After API-connecting listings (mapping or importing from Airbnb), its content, reservations, and reviews will remain intact. However, Airbnb will:
- Unlink iCal connections.
- Convert the listing to Instant Book.
- Clear all Luxe prices, in case the listing was previously listed on Airbnb Luxe.
- Disable Smart Pricing.
Please note that when Airbnb unlinks iCal, it may result in opening updates that were previously blocked. After the connection is established, ensure to make the necessary availability changes via Hostaway.
- A listing takes around 20-60 seconds to import. Please wait before refreshing
An error you could experience when importing/mapping a listing from Airbnb is to visualize the following alert: "In order to add listing to Airbnb you need to provide additional information".
This warning shows up when Airbnb restricts the listing's availability due to missing license information. License information can be provided by clicking on the warning alert near the Airbnb Listing ID or directly in Airbnb.
This warning does not prevent the listing from being listed, but when the warning is there it means that Airbnb has updated the minimum length of stay for all reservations for the listing. If you provide the license data, Airbnb will review it, and accept it.