How to use Hostaway multi-unit?
What is a Hostaway multi-unit listing?
If you have several listings at the same address, you can use this feature. For example, you have 6 Standard Apartments and 2 Standard Apartments with sea views. Before, you would have to create 8 different listings. But, with the multi-unit feature, you can create 2 listings with multiple units:
- Standard Apartment (6)
- Unit 101
- Unit 102
- Unit 103
- Unit 104
- Unit 105
- Unit 106
- Standard Apartment with sea view (2)
- Unit 201
- Unit 202
It is important to know that the multi-unit listings have to be the same, at the same address, with the same amenities and price strategy. A Standard Apartment will be treated as a listing in Hostaway whereas Units are only a reflection of the availability (how many Standard Apartment you want to rent).
Multi-unit listings and channels
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Channel Manager
- Click on the 3 dots > Click on Convert to multi-unit
- The update can take from a few minutes to hours, depending on the number of units and information
- If you reduce the number of units, it can generate situations of overlapping reservations
- The Units are not cross-listing. This means that if a unit is booked, the other units are still available. Cross-listing is not possible for Multi-Unit listings
- Import the listing from Airbnb (You can import a single or multi-unit listing)
- Adding units will automatically update the Airbnb
Note: Property type "house" is not allowed for multi-units.
- The listing should already be set up as a multi-unit on Booking.com
- Once created on Booking.com, you can connect it to Hostaway
Note: It is not possible to export multi-unit listings to Booking.com.
You can export a multi-unit listing the same way you would export a single listing. To learn more please read this article.
As for Booking.com, the listing should be created as a multi-availability listing and then connected to Hostaway. To learn more please read this article.
How does multi-unit work?
Multi-unit listings will have units created with random IDs that are internal to Hostaway. The IDs are visible in Listings > Edit > Units. The name of the unit can be changed and will be visible on the calendar.
The calendar rate is the same for all units. When a reservation comes in, it will be assigned to a unit randomly. You can drag and drop to maximize occupancy or click on the reservation > Edit > Change the unit.
Analytics, listing financials, and occupancy reports will all report data on a listing level, not on a Unit level.
Tasks, Automation, Guest Reviews
All these features will work the same
Let's say I have a Standard Apartment with 5 units. How will Hostaway charge me for it?
You will be charged per unit. To learn more please read this article.
How to add/remove units?
In Hostaway, you can go to "Channel Manager" and in front of the multi-unit listing click on the three horizontal dots and select "Add or remove units".
This will allow you to add/remove units. This information will not be passed to all channels.