How to connect to LODGEA? Follow
LODGEA is a Software-as-a-Service solution that allows building a website with a booking engine and marketing automation. You can create, edit, upload and delete accommodation content including general content, media, availability and rate information.
The synchronization supports all contents such as images, descriptions as well as availability, prices, fees, taxes and discount or coupon codes. It also supports LODGEA's payment processing. You can also connect multiple Hostaway environments to multiple LODGEA accounts and vice-versa. All you need is your Hostaway account Id and the API key to connect.
Connect to LODGEA?
- First, you will be required to sign up with LODGEA by clicking here.
- You need to find your Hostaway ID and API key. To do so:
- Go to the Hostaway Dashboard.
- Click on 'Marketplace' within the dashboard, then search for the relevant partner and click on the 'Connect/Configure' button available there:
- This will expand the partner box and you can click on 'Connect' again to start generating the Keys:
- Then you can click 'Create' to generate the API Key:
- The new credentials will then be presented on the screen. Please make sure to copy and save the API Key safely as it will be visible only once:
- Once you have collected the Account ID and API Key from Hostaway you will be required to sign in to the LODGEA Management Console and navigate to the 'Connectivity' section. Click on the 'Connect channel' button in the Hostaway box:
- Then enter your account id and the API key that you copied from Hostaway in the corresponding fields. Optionally, if you wish to only import certain properties from your Hostaway account, you can insert the ID of the property into the property list. By default, LODGEA will import all properties or listings from Hostaway. The ID of each listing can be found in the listing overview in Hostaway right next to the name of the listing:
- The 'content overwrite' option is enabled by default as LODGEA will synchronize all contents from Hostaway so that changes you made to listings are synchronized. If you turn this option off, then contents will only be synchronized at the first import and subsequently, LODGEA will only synchronize the availability calendar and prices.
Note: Initial synchronization may take up to 90 minutes
The initial synchronization of your listings or properties may take up to 90 minutes to complete, depending on how many properties you wish to synchronize with LODGEA. Subsequently, the listing information will be updated at least once per day and whenever a reservation occurs. Prices, taxes and fees will be quoted with Hostaway whenever a user initiates a booking process.
Bookings, cancellation and payment:
LODGEA synchronizes direct channel information. LODGEA will only synchronize properties that have 'Is instant bookable' set to 'Yes'. Cancellation policies defined in 'Cancellation policy (direct channels)' will be synchronized, other policies are ignored. It will also synchronize the fees defined in 'Direct channel fees'. Only the 'New taxes' in Hostaway will be synchronized as taxes. LODGEA can also only synchronize amenities that are also available with Booking.com since LODGEA uses the same standard as Booking.com (Opentravel.org).
When the LODGEA payment service is enabled, any booking will be marked as paid in Hostaway. If a booking, that was paid through the LODGEA payment service, is cancelled, LODGEA will refund the amount left after any cancellation fee is deducted. Bookings can be cancelled both inside LODGEA by you or your customer as well as in Hostaway. LODGEA also synchronizes all cancellation policies for direct channels in Hostaway, including custom cancellation policies. The main description will be used as the description for the property and the house rules will be used for the description of the unit or room inside LODGEA.
LODGEA supports all coupons you create in Hostaway and users can insert a coupon code when they initiate a booking. If valid, the coupon will be applied to the booking the user makes on your site. All limitations and settings of coupons are also supported with LODGEA. The same applies to any discounts you create in Hostaway.
Please sign in to leave a comment.