Using the No-Show option for Booking.com
If a guest does not show up and you decide to waive the charges, it is important to mark the reservation as a no-show. Reporting a no-show and waiving the fee will prevent you from paying the Booking.com commission.
Reporting No-Shows in Hostaway in Hostaway Dashboard
To report a no-show in Hostaway Dashboard please follow the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Reservations
- Search for the reservation using the guest's name or reservation ID
- Select the reservation to view the details
- At the top of the reservation details you will find a 'Report no-show' button
- Click on "Report no show"
- Once clicked, the reservation will be cancelled and both the guest and the host will be notified via email
This button is only available from midnight on the check-in date until 48 hours after the check-out date. You will not be able to report a no-show before or after these times
Keeping track of No-Shows & Cancellations
Even after a reservation has been canceled, it can still be viewed on the Booking.com extranet. Whenever you charge guests for no-shows or cancellations, you must pay a commission. However, if you report a credit card as invalid or choose to waive cancellation fees, you will not be charged a commission.