Connect to Mister BnB
Once a property is live on the sales channel, you can connect it through iCal calendar link.
- Before you start, please ensure you have everything needed to connect:
- All listings you have on this sales channel are also created in Hostaway.
- The sales channel supports reservation import and export by iCal.
- You understand how iCal and filtering works or are willing to find out by doing.
- Setup your connection per listing:
- Import reservations.
- Log in to your Hostaway account and go to menu Channel manager > Channels.
- Click on "Activate" or "Configure" for Custom iCal.
- In the new window, in the top you select the listing you like to map and click on "+Add new".
- In the new window, enter the iCal you have from your sales channel.
- Give it a channel name.
- Give it a description.
- Ignore phrases in Summary field: For example, when you send blocked dates due to an Airbnb reservation to a channel, it sometimes will send back, SUMMARY:BLOCKED. When you import this Blocked event it will create a new "reservation" in Hostaway and due to this you have a fake "double booking warning". The filter allows you to add "BLOCKED" as a filter so all events will be ignored if it contains BLOCKED in the summary field.
- Ignore phrases in the Description field: Same function as above.
- Import empty Summary fields: When you look into your iCal file by an editor like notepad++, you can review if your channel is sending reservation events with an empty Summary field. If this is the case, you can allow it to be imported. Some other channels might send these empty events for example because it is a holiday on their channel. In that case, it is not a reservation and you should block empty fields.
- Import empty Description fields: Same function as above.
- Save the new iCal import and verify in Hostaway > Reservation menu if the correct reservations are imported. When you need to adjust it, remove the channel and try again.
- Export reservations.
- In your Hostaway account, go to menu Listings.
- Click on the "Get iCal" button and copy the URL.
- Use the URL with the import external reservations function that your rental channel supports.
- Import reservations.
Support: There are hundreds of reasons why a setup might not work. Hostaway support is only able to investigate your setup when you send over exact detailed information in case of an error. Please always provide the iCal export link of your channel, if the reservation-related topic, full reservation details including when the reservation was made, what happened and what you expect to happen.