Charge reservations after modifications
When using Auto Invoices, the invoice with auto charges get created when Hostaway receives the reservation.
The total of the auto-charges should be equal to 100% of the total of a reservation. But how does it work when a guest modifies a reservation?
If the guest makes any changes (dates, number of guests etc) it will also update the reservation total. However, it will not update the invoice nor the charges.
It will have to be created manually in order to charge the difference.
So then, how to deal with these cases?
Important to read
The system will check if your charges equal the total of your reservation. In the case that it is not, the system will mark a charge as Failed. You can only charge manually.
The reason we don't charge automatically is to not charge automatically more than the guest should and to avoid complaints to you.
Have the right notifications on
For you or for your users, you should make sure to have notifications for "modified Reservation" on so you are aware when a modification has been done.
You also have notifications on Charges:
- Add Card Failed > Channel couldn't send the card. The reason can be found in the reservation > Payment
- Charge failed > The charge has failed. The reason can be found in the invoice with the failed charge (no funds etc.)
- Pre-auth failed > The reason can be found in the invoice with the failed charge (no funds etc.)
How to charge the difference to your guest?
So the reservation total is now different from the charges. You can see that the invoice is about 4679.10€ whereas the charge (based on the original amount) is 3469.1€.
So your guest modified the reservation (from 3469.1 to 4679.10) which resulted in the total being changed.
Modify the Invoice
Go to the Invoice > Click on save. The invoice total will be updated
- Go to the invoice
- At the end of a charge, there is "...". Click on it
- Edit > Charge amount and/or date
- Charge now > You will be able to modify the amount
- Pause/unpause > It will not be charged automatically
- Cancel > It will be cancelled and can't be edited