When a reservation gets created, the Hostaway system will also create an invoice with auto-charge rules, based on what you have created.
The total of the auto-charges should be equal to 100% of the total of a reservation. But how does it work when a guest modifies a reservation?
If the guest makes any changes (dates, number of guests etc) it will also update the reservation total. However, it will not update the invoice nor the charges.
It will have to be created manually in order to charge the difference.
So then, how to deal with these cases?
1. Have the right notification on
For you or for your users, you should make sure to have notifications for "modified Reservation" on so you are aware when a modification has been done.
2. How to charge the difference to your guest?
So the reservation total is now different from the charges. You can see that the invoice is about 4679.10€ whereas the charge (based on the original amount) is 3469.1€.
So your guest modified the reservation (from 3469.1 to 4679.10) which resulted in the total being changed. Then you should:
- Go to Guest Invoicing > Add Invoice
- Select the modified reservation
- Add a title and a due date
- For "Invoice line items", you will need to enter as a fixed fee the difference between the previous total and the new total.
- You can then save
- Once saved, click on Charge to select the amount you want to charge.
3. What if the total of the reservation got reduced?
In the case that, by modifying the reservation, the total gets reduced, then you will need to follow this process:
- Go on the invoice
- You will see that one of the charges can't be charged
- You can click on the 3 "..." to edit charges or to charge now