How to cancel your Hostaway subscription?
When you are considering cancelling your Hostaway subscription-based we offer you in this guide the information to do so. Based on the Hostaway Terms of Services 11.1 you can cancel the subscription with 30 days prior to cancellation written notice to email@example.com. One of our team members will reply to your request within 72 hours on business days. We strongly recommend you provide us with as many details leading to your decision in order to provide the best steps moving forward.
Important: account cancellation can only be requested by using the main account owner's email address belonging to the main account. Users belonging to the main account can not request a cancellation.
What we will review for your request
- Reason of cancellation, can we do something for you to change your mind.
- Review your account setup providing you with recommended and required steps to cancel.
- Confirm with you the completion of the cancellation.
You are responsible for all actions during the cancellation process in order to minimize risk for your company and 3rd party connections. Hostaway OY denies any liability as a result of the cancellation process.
During and after cancellation the Hostaway billing system will apply the pro-rated billing process. After completion of the cancellation process, a final invoice will be calculated by the system and charged accordingly. Unless in writing there a different agreement has been reached and In the event, there are credits left, they will be stored under the account and can be used in the future if you decide to activate the subscription again. Hostaway OY does not refund credits to your bank account.
How to prepare for the Hostaway account cancellation
Cancelling the Hostaway account does not cancel any of the 3rd party agreements you may have with Airbnb, booking.com, Vrbo, Expedia, Stripe etc. Cancelling a Hostaway account will only disable sync and deletion of data on the Hostaway side. We strongly recommend you inform your 3rd party connected providers about your Hostayway cancellation and how to move forward with them.
A Hostaway account is considered fully cancelled when all listings have been deleted by the client. This will stop any future invoice payment based on the subscription.
Hostaway OY is a European company and so bounded to the GDPR laws. By cancellation and deleting the listings from the account, all non-necessary data will be permanently deleted from the Hostaway software. Account and billing information required by law will be preserved. Subscriptions by and to external news-letter emails may be removed or can be cancelled by the subscriber.
Steps to cancel the Hostaway account:
- Inform firstname.lastname@example.org about your decision and release of the "bulk delete listings" security feature.
- Inform all 3rd parties about your decision to terminate the connection and how to move forward.
- Copy and or download any data you wish to preserve from your Hostaway system.
- Inform your users about the change and delete them from the menu User Management section.
- When you use the Booking Engine (website) we recommend changing the links you have shared and unpublished it by the menu Booking Engine.
- When you used the Hostaway public API integration we recommend informing you engineers and or 3rd parties bout your decision.
- When you used Webhooks integration with 3rd parties we recommend you to change or remove them.
- Recommended in Menu channel manager - channels, unmap your listings from the channels used.
- From Menu listings, delete all your listings from the software.
- Inform email@example.com when completed.
- Our support team will remove the subscription, access to the software, and confirms this with you by email.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.