When you are subscribed to the use of the Hostaway software you will be asked to provide a debit or credit card that can be monthly charged. Your card will be charged by Hostaway OY, based in Finland, Europe by the use of payment provider Stripe.com.
For setup fees and commission payments, we execute the charging manually.
- Setup fees are charged based on the account activation agreement.
- Commission payments are charged last week of every month.
- Fixed fee payments are charged based on the initial subscription creation date.
When a payment fails
Payments can fail due to many reasons, the card date expired, your bank-issued additional security checks, not enough funds available on the card/account to charge from, etc. The main account owner will receive all email notifications and is at all times responsible to make sure payments are made and/or a solution can be provided.
When a payment fails the following will automatically happen:
- On the billing date, when a payment fails an automated email* will be sent to the main account owner.
- One day later the system will retry to charge the connected CC. If it fails an automated email* will be sent to the main account owner.
- Five days later the system will retry to charge the connected CC. If it fails an automated email* will be sent to the main account owner.
- Seven days later the system will retry to charge the connected CC. If it fails an automated email* will be sent to the main account owner.
- In the event, this last charge attempt fails, and so after 14 days of the first billing date, the system will automatically deny access to the software.
* Besides automated emails, the Hostaway team may also reach out by dedicated email and phone attempts during this time.
Solving/preventing failed payment issues
Payments can in some cases fail due to many reasons. In order to make sure you will enjoy the continuous use of the software, we list some recommendations.
- Be aware or inform your bank about recurring chargers allowed by Hostaway.com to take place
- Add the recurring billing date to your agenda in order to verify payment took place
- Update your card on time if this card is close to the expiry date
- When using "debit card" transfer funds at a minimum one week before the billing date
- Have a secondary payment method like another CC, PayPal account on standby
- Always contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible when payment failed, informing us what you do in order to solve it as soon as possible or find a temporary alternative solution.
What happens with my account after 14 days
In most cases, by having pro-active replies from clients we do not come to this stage. However, when we are unable to get in contact, reach an agreement with the client for the failed payment the following will happen.
- After 14 days without resolution, the access to the Hostaway software is revoked,
- Based on the Terms of Services 11.2 (a) Hostaway OY reserves the right to terminate the agreement.
Unless extraordinary circumstances demand us to do so. Your account will remain in a "lockdown" state for the next and max 14 days. You will be notified once again by email about this awaiting your final reply. After this period your account, listing, and all other non-essential data will be permanently removed from the Hostaway system and can not be recovered.
We strongly encourage you to timely reach out to us when payment failed in order to prevent account deleting happening.