Please bear in mind that this feature can only be used in Hostaway for listings using Airbnb Pro connection
1. Where can I see this feature?
It will be available in the individual and multi-calendar (if you don't see it please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it activated). Creation and edition can be done in both. The individual calendar has some additional visuals that may help to identify which dates have seasonal rules applied
2. Is this feature available on Airbnb?
It is, but as soon as the feature is activated in Hostaway it should only be used in Hostaway
3. What will happen if you make changes in Airbnb instead of on HostAway?
Hostaway will overwrite with the data that exists in Hostaway side, so any change done on Airbnb will be lost. It’s the same as managing the calendar, from the moment of connection, changes must be managed from Hostaway side.
4. There is one option called Trip Length on Airbnb but not on Hostaway, is that correct?
Yes, due to current limitations this option cannot yet be offered in Hostaway.
5. How many seasonal rules can we create?
As many as you want for all listing and -available- dates. On Airbnb seasonal rules are per Airbnb account, but in Hostaway one seasonal rule can have a relation of one or more accounts.
However, do bear in mind that there is a limit from Airbnb side: A Seasonal Rule contains one or more pricing rules and one availability rule. You can create up to 366 Seasonal Rules and up to 3000 individual Rules, including both pricing rules and availability rules.
6. What is the difference between saving to reuse and not saving to reuse a seasonal rule?
A seasonal rule can be saved if you give it a name and a color. Then it will be possible to use it for other listings and dates. Otherwise, the rule will be considered as “custom” and specific for that listing and dates.
7. Then what could happen if we modify a seasonal rule in the multi-calendar when we have different listings of different accounts selected?
The listing in which that rule exists will have the rule updated while for the other accounts the rule will be created and applied to the other selected listings.
8. What happens if I create a seasonal rule but don’t apply it to any listing.
It will be just created on the Hostaway side and will not be created in Airbnb. In order to have it in Airbnb, the rule will need to be applied to at least one calendar day.
9. Why does the Seasonal rule option not appear in the calendar?
Either the feature is not activated in the account or the listing you are in is not connected using Airbnb Pro.
10. What happens with seasonal rules on listing unmapping?
We do not remove applied seasonal rules on unmapping.
11. What happens if I remove a Seasonal rule which is exported to many Airbnb accounts?
All of the corresponding seasonal rules on the Airbnb side will be removed.
12. What happens if an Airbnb account is removed and then connected back again?
Hostaway will keep information about seasonal rules the account had and will unite them with the actual settings. If there is a conflict (different rules applied on Airbnb and Hostaway) the Hostaway setting has a higher priority.
13. How long does the sync process take?
It happens immediately. If you create/remove a seasonal rule in Hostaway it will be instantly created/modified in Airbnb (do bear in mind that if you create it you'll need to assign it to at least one calendar day to be created in Airbnb)
14. If something goes wrong, how will you know about it? What should be done?
Hostaway shows an error message immediately if something goes wrong and based on the message you'll need to make the necessary actions
15. Will already existing Hostaway accounts have their seasonal rules shown on their calendar? How and when?
When the feature is activated for your account, Hostaway will import all seasonal rules you have in Airbnb.
16. What about the other channels?
By now this only applies to Airbnb Pro. In the future, Hostaway may consider adding similar features for other channels, but most probably they will work independently and without a mapping as they may be quite different between channels.