What are Hostaway Migration Programs Follow
What are Hostaway Migration Programs?
At Hostaway we day in day out release new functions and improvements for the software. These are tested internally and by our group of early access users. In some cases, the updates to the Hostaway software require a migration project for current clients.
Depending on the type of update, speed and requirements these updates will be announced by email and to the main Hostaway account owner in a Hostaway dashboard message.
Frequently asked questions from clients.
- Are updates always announced?
- We share and announce the updates based on the impact and in some cases the specific client or group that needs to know about an update taking place. Compare it in most cases with your mobile phone where daily 10+ apps will update. Sending out messages what changed will quickly be seen as spamming the mailbox or dashboard notifications.
- Are migration projects always used for updates?
- No, in many cases the updates are purely on the background, small improvements or immediate demanded by the channel partners, that a release is done to all clients at the same time.
- How do you define and invite people to a Migration Program?
- It depends on the type of migration and time needed. In general, we invite in batches based on number of listings starting with the clients who have 1-5 listings and move up from there.
- Do I need to do something to migrate?
- At Hostaway we try to prevent migrations to take you to much time. In some cases, it still might need you to take some time to migrate.
- What if I don't have the time to migrate?
- We encourage you to take the time and migrate to new versions as soon as possible. In some cases, we can extend the migration time, in other cases, we are restricted to deadlines set by external software, channels, and partners and in some cases, we are forced to migrate a.s.a.p.
- I'm not an early access user, can I still give feedback on new updates?
- Absolutely, your feedback is always welcome and can be provided by email to support.
Article is closed for comments.