What is Hostaway early access program?
Early access customers are typically those who like to try out new functions and software as soon as possible. All around the globe in many companies, a selected group of external early access users sign-up for these programs to be the first to use it and provide feedback on the experiences and next possible improvements.
Early access releases have always been firmly tested internally but can show in the "wild" some unexpected behavior. Early access users help to shape the products better to their future needs.
How do we build our software improvements?
At Hostaway we continue improving the software by creating new tools and upgrade current tools based on clients, channels, market demands, and feedback. For this, we aim to use as much as possible a process called the "software development life cycle".
The software builds and upgrades are in general planned by versions. Version 1, version 2, version 3 etc in order to keep improving. For every version, we follow a beginning to end process before we start on the next version when needed.
The various stages per build*.
- Requests: Qualify the Clients, Channels and market requests.
- Planning: Quick first analyses of the request, qualifying it and expected time needed.
- Analysis: Deep-dive into the request, what, how, why.
- Design & implementation: The initial software design, build and improvement process.
- Alpha testing: Firm and repeating Hostaway internal testing by our Q&A team.
- Beta testing: Invites to a select group of Hostaway clients to gain early access and give feedback.
- Release to clients: Depending on, released by migration, in general, or as a separate new paid upgrade.
* Urgent and immediate updates may skip some of the stages.
What does it take to become an Early access user?
Anyone can become an early access user in his or her account. Typically you understand that you gain first release access to new and improved functions. Secondly, you understand that these new and improved functions despite firm testing may raize additional risks for your business and use of it.
A typical early access user has the following aims and understanding:
- Doesn't get upset if something didn't work out as intended.
- Likes to spend some time to report in detail what issues he/she found.
- Likes to give feedback for current and next improvements for the functions.
- Understands ideas, feedback needs to fit a large group of global clients and so may be denied.
- Understands that changes needed may take time to implement.
Do you have questions around this? The Hostaway support team is always there to answer them.
I wish to become an early access user!
Applying to become an early access user is easy. Send an email to email@example.com and we will reach out to you before activation.