You can now manage the messages generated by an automation from the Hostaway Dashboard.
This new feature will allow you to preview, edit, cancel, pause and manually send any message generated by any automation you have set up in the Messages section. The set up of an automation remains the same as described here.
Every automation you set up will generate a message that you will be able to visualize and control from the Hostaway dashboard within Messages > Automations > Manage messages
In this section, you will see all the messages scheduled to be sent, at what time (listing time) are they going to be sent and details of the reservation such as check-in/out times and guest name. You can also use the filters provided to find specific messages for specific reservations. From this view, you will also be able to manually send, pause/unpause, or cancel any message.
What do the message Statuses mean?:
1. Scheduled: This is a message that it is scheduled to be sent according to the trigger event of its parent automation. Scheduled messages can be sent manually, paused or canceled.
2. Canceled: This is a message that has been canceled manually after being scheduled. Canceled messages cannot be scheduled again and sent.
3. Canceled by System: This is a message that has been canceled due to the reservation being canceled. Canceled messages cannot be scheduled again and sent.
4. Paused: This is a message that has been manually paused. Paused Messages can be "Unpaused". The message will become scheduled again and you can either manually send it or wait for the automation trigger event to take effect. If the message is unpaused after the automation trigger event has passed, you can still send it manually.
5. Sent: A message that has been successfully sent.
6. Failed: A message that has failed due to a system issue. E.g. the email server of the guest is not available. A failed message cannot be scheduled and send again manually.
How to manage a scheduled message:
From the Manage Messages window, click on any message that has a Status "Scheduled" and notice the 3 control graphics that appear on the right:
- Clicking on the > graphic will allow you to send the message immediately.
- Clicking on the || graphic will allow you to pause the scheduled message. Clicking on the same graphic will unpause the message and this will go back to be scheduled. If its parent trigger event has passed, you can still manually send this message as above.
- Clicking on the pencil graphic will allow you to edit the message that is scheduled to be sent. This action will take you to the message generated by the automation. You can edit any text or fields and also send, save or pause the message. !This action does not change the original text or set up of the automation, only the message that is generated by it!
Any generated message will also appear in your guest messaging thread in the Messages module. And you will also be able to edit it as above: