How to Manage Automated Messages? Follow
To learn more, watch our special webinar on how to manage automated messages
You can manage the messages generated by an automation from the Hostaway Dashboard.
This feature will allow you to preview, edit, cancel, pause and manually send messages generated by any automation. Read this article to learn how to create automation.
There are two ways to manage schedules messages/automations in Hostaway.
1. You can easily cancel/ pause/ resume directly in the thread within the inbox.
2. If you want a more in-depth view, every automation you set up will generate a message that you will be able to visualize and control from the Hostaway dashboard within Messages > Automations > Manage messages
In this section, you will see all the messages scheduled, at what time (listing time) are they going to be sent and details of the reservation such as check-in/out times and guest name. You can also use the filters provided to find specific messages for specific reservations. From this view, you will also be able to manually send, pause/unpause, or cancel any message.
What do the message Statuses mean?
1. Scheduled: This is a message that it is scheduled to be sent according to the trigger event of its parent automation. Scheduled messages can be sent manually, paused or canceled.
2. Canceled: This is a message that has been canceled manually after being scheduled. Canceled messages cannot be scheduled again and sent.
3. Canceled by System: This is a message that has been canceled due to the reservation being canceled. Canceled messages cannot be scheduled again and sent.
4. Paused: This is a message that has been manually paused. Paused Messages can be "Unpaused". The message will become scheduled again and you can either manually send it or wait for the automation trigger event to take effect. If the message is unpaused after the automation trigger event has passed, you can still send it manually.
5. Sent: A message that has been successfully sent.
6. Failed: A message that has failed due to a system issue. E.g. the email server of the guest is not available. A failed message cannot be scheduled and send again manually.
The different options
From the Manage Messages window, click on any message that has a Status "Scheduled" and notice the 3 control graphics that appear on the right:
- Sending: > icon. The message will be sent immediately.
- Pausing: || icon. Clicking on the same icon will unpause the message and this will go back to be scheduled. If its parent trigger event has passed, you can still manually send this message as above.
- Editing: Pencil icon. This action will take you to the message generated by the automation. You can edit any text or fields and also send, save or pause the message.
Note: This action does not change the automation. Only this specific message for this specific guest will be changed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.