How to charge a guest?
You have several options to charge your guest:
- You can add manual payment events in the reservation details page.
- You can create an auto charge for all your reservations. Please keep in mind that this will apply to all new reservations and not existing ones. How to set up an auto invoice with an auto charge?
How can I collect my guest's credit card information?
You can send the Guest Portal to your guests so they can enter their credit cards.
How do Credit Cards work per channel?
Airbnb takes payment for you. There is nothing to do
- If Booking.com takes payment for you > there is nothing to do.
- If Booking.com sends to you Virtual Credit Card > It is only chargeable after check-in. (learn more here)
- If Booking.com sends you the guest credit card > Using Auto-payments will work perfectly
Important Note: In the 3rd scenario you should be aware that there is an option in Booking.com where Booking.com enables/disables if you wish the credit cards to have CVC or not. If it is selected that you don't need the CVC, it will come with "000" to Hostaway.
According to Configuring notification settings for credit card details, "By default, your account settings aren’t configured to require CVCs. This is probably the reason you’re not receiving them if you recently listed your property on our platform. If you need to change these settings, contact us via your Extranet inbox and we’ll update them for you."
Vrbo will send you the guest's credit card. You can charge it via Auto-payments/charge
- If Expedia sends you the Virtual Credit Card > It is only chargeable after check-out.
- If Expedia sends you the guest credit card > It is chargeable normally
Tripadvisor and iCal
ICal doesn't support credit cards.