How to charge a guest?
You have several options to charge your guest:
- You can create a single invoice with a charge on Hostaway for one particular reservation. First, you will need to create an invoice. Then, you can make a one-time payment.
- You can create an auto charge for all your reservations. Please keep in mind that this will apply to all new reservations and not existing ones. How to set up an auto invoice with an auto charge?
- You can charge your guest directly on Stripe. Please find more information on How to create an invoice with Stripe and then on How to charge a guest in Stripe.
This is used if you want to charge from Stripe directly. Note that if you do that, Hostaway will not know if the Hostaway Guest invoice has been paid or not.
Find more info here on how to set up your bank account in Stripe to receive payouts.
How can I take a security deposit?
You can charge your guest creating a single charge on Hostaway or directly on Stripe. Please keep in mind that you will have to refund the security deposit via Stripe.
Another option would be to use our brand new feature Gest Credit Card Pre-Auth
How can I collect my guest´s credit card information?
You can send the Guest Portal to your guests so they can enter their credit cards.
How does Credit Cards work per channel?
Airbnb takes payment for you. There is nothing to do
- if Booking.com takes payment for you > there is nothing to do.
- If Booking.com sends to you Virtual Credit Card > It is only chargeable after check-in. (learn more here)
- If Booking.com sends you the guest credit card > Using Auto Invoice will work perfectly
Vrbo will send you the guest credit card. You can charge it via Auto Invoice/charge
- If Expedia sends you the Virtual Credit Card > It is only chargeable after check-out.
- If Expedia sends you the guest credit card > It is chargeable normally
Tripadvisor and iCal
ICal doesn't support credit card.
Charged manually or automatically?
Distinguish between charges that were paid automatically (by auto-charges) or manually (by pressing “charge now”). Head to Guest invoicing -> Charges section -> Filters (right corner) -> Tick the filter "Charged":
You can also filter the charges that has been manually and automatically charged through the main filters under "Charge" section: