How to update your listing content (fields) when using Airbnb Pro connection? Follow
Update listing content in Airbnb
When you do changes in the calendar section, they will be synced with Airbnb automatically. However, when you change settings and/or content in the listing section, you'll need to export them to Airbnb by clicking on Save&Export (at the moment of saving you will have 2 options: Save&Export and Save Only).
To find out if a field is syncing with a channel, you can click on the 2 arrows to find out what is syncing to a channel or not.
Following settings can be changed in Hostaway and exported to Airbnb
Price, fees & Taxes tab
- Base Price
- Weekly discount / Monthly discount
- Refundable Damage Deposit fee
- Apply price for extra person for each guest after
- Price for extra person
- Cleaning fee (requirement: min value is $5 USD, max value is $600 USD + 25% of the lowest nightly price)
- Pet fee - set as per reservation as a flat fee
- Short-term cleaning fee - Applied for reservations of 1-2 nights
- Resort fee
- Community fee
- Management fee
- Linen fee
Additional info tab
- Is Instant bookable
- If Yes, the listing will be instant bookable
- If no, the listing will be Request to book
- Airbnb Advance Notice > Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice
- If a day is selected, this option will appear > For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice (Airbnb
- Minimum nights / Maximum nights
- Airbnb advance notice time
- Check in time start
- Check in time end
- Check out time
- Airbnb Check-in instructions
* Airbnb check-in instructions should be saved and exported to Airbnb to reflect in the channel. The description will be displayed to the guest 48 hours before the check-in. This field is also populated during listing import and bulk updating is also possible.
Channel Specific Tab
- Airbnb Preparation time (Number of nights that will be blocked before and after reservations)
- Instant booking allowed category (same as ‘Guest requirement’ in Airbnb). Only applies to instant booking listings (in the Additional info Tab)
- Discounts ( to specify Last-minute and Early Bird discount start dates and percentages)
- Airbnb listing Name.
- Airbnb listing descriptions (The description in Airbnb includes the following fields: 'Summary', 'Space', 'Access', 'interaction', 'neighborhood_overview', 'transit', and 'notes'.)
Amenities Tab - Policies
- Suitable for children. If not selected, the field "Details" (which also syncs) needs to be filled.
- Suitable for infants. If not selected, the field "Details" (which also syncs) needs to be filled.
- Allows smoking
- Allows events
- Allows pets
- Allows Luggage Dropoff
- Allows Longterm stays
- Allows Cleaning before checkout
Listing description and Photos
Photos or listing descriptions will sync with Airbnb when you adjust them in listing edit and click on the button save and export. Please note that some images potentially do not pass Airbnb validation without warning provided by Airbnb at this time. These images will not show up on the Airbnb side after export.
Also, please note that Hostaway can order photos and upload them to Airbnb, however, Airbnb algorithm can overwrite the order showing different results (depending what might be the most appealing to the guests)
In order to change any of the above settings, you'll need to follow these steps
- Access your Hostaway Dashboard and go to "Listings".
- Find the listing where you want to change the settings and click "Edit".
- Change the settings and click "Save&export" in each tab you make changes.
How to manually push the update
Go to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure for Airbnb > Click on Export Listing button > Select the listing and confirm
Article is closed for comments.