How to update your listing content and push the update to Airbnb?
When making changes to the listing content, you will need to save and export them to Airbnb. To find out if a field is syncing with a channel, you can identify these fields by reading this article.
To update your listing, follow these steps
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > "Listings"
- Find the listing where you want to change the settings and click "Edit"
- Change the settings and click "Save&export" in each tab you make changes.
- Go to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure for Airbnb
- Click on the Export Listing button > Select the listing and confirm
The following fields can be set in Hostaway and exported to Airbnb
Price & Fees & Taxes
- Base Price
- Weekly discount / Monthly discount
- Refundable Damage Deposit fee
- Apply price for extra person for each guest after
- Price for extra person
- Cleaning fee (requirement: min value is USD 5, max value is USD 600 + 25% of the lowest nightly price)
- Pet fee - set as per reservation as a flat fee
- Short-term cleaning fee - Applied for reservations of 1-2 nights
- Resort fee
- Community fee
- Management fee. Airbnb will show it as part of the nightly rate but will report it separately to Hostaway, where the base rate (accommodation) and fee will be distinguishable
- Linen fee
- Is Instant bookable
- If "Yes", the listing will be Instant bookable
- If "No", the listing will be Requested to book
- Airbnb Advance Notice > Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice
- If a day is selected, this option will appear > For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice
- Minimum nights / Maximum nights
- Airbnb advance notice time
- Check-in time start
- Check-in time end
- Check out time
- Airbnb Check-in instructions
Airbnb check-in instructions should be saved and exported to Airbnb to reflect in the channel. The description will be displayed to the guest 48 hours before the check-in. This field is also populated during listing import and bulk updating is also possible.
- Airbnb Preparation time (Number of nights that will be blocked before and after reservations)
- Instant booking allowed category (same as ‘Guest requirement’ in Airbnb). Only applies to instant booking listings (in the Additional info Tab)
- Discounts ( to specify Last-minute and Early Bird discount start dates and percentages)
- Airbnb listing Name.
- Airbnb listing descriptions (The description in Airbnb includes the following fields: 'Summary', 'Space', 'Access', 'interaction', 'neighborhood_overview', 'transit', and 'notes'.)
Amenities & Policies
- Suitable for children. If not selected, the field "Details" (which also syncs) needs to be filled
- Suitable for infants. If not selected, the field "Details" (which also syncs) needs to be filled
- Allows smoking
- Allows events
- Allows pets
- Allows Luggage Dropoff
- Allows Longterm stays
- Allows Cleaning before checkout
Listing Description & Photos
Photos or listing descriptions will sync with Airbnb when you adjust them in listing edit and click on the button save and export. Please note that some images potentially do not pass Airbnb validation without the warning provided by Airbnb at this time. These images will not show up on the Airbnb side after export.
Also, please note that the Airbnb algorithm can change the photo order showing different results on the Airbnb live website.