What should you do if a card is declined?
If a credit card is declined on one of your Booking.com reservations:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Reservations
- Select the reservation > Scroll down until you find Payment > Click on Payment
- Click on "Report credit card as invalid"
- Once you have marked the card as invalid, Booking.com will ask the guest to add new card details within 24 hours
- You'll receive an email when/if the guest updates their details
- If you don't receive this within 24 hours, or if the guest provides invalid credit card details again, you can cancel the booking with no commission
To learn more please refer to this Booking.com article.