This article is for Hostway users actually connected to Airbnb Basic upgrading to Airbnb Pro connection.
If you are a new client, you can connect directly to Airbnb Pro connection by reading this article: Step-By-Step: Connect an Airbnb Pro Account in Hostaway Dashboard
Here is an FAQ for clients migrating from Airbnb Basic to Airbnb Pro: FAQ - Airbnb Pro connection in an account with Airbnb Basic
- Primary owner only (no co-hosted listings)
- No Airbnb Smart pricing (more info here)
- No Cross-Listing support
- The listing can be located in one of this zone ONLY IF you are properly licensed: New York City, NY, USA - Los Angeles, CA, USA - Boston, MA, USA - Portland, OR, USA - Manchester, England or Singapore.
- Booking Window in Airbnb is automatically set to All Future Dates in Airbnb upon migration
How to perform the connection to Airbnb Pro:
Before starting, if your listings are Request to Book, make sure that in Listings > Edit > Basic Info > Is Instant Bookable is set to “No”
- Make sure that all tabs for Airbnb tabs are closed (from all browsers). Only keep open in one tab the Airbnb page where all listings are on and in another tab your Hostaway dashboard.
- Go to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Airbnb Pro > Add Airbnb Account
- Read carefully through all statements and if you have any doubts you can cancel the connection and contact support for clarifications.
If all is good, check all statements and proceed forward by clicking Next.
- Read and accept Airbnb Additional terms of Service, then hit “Allow”
- Make sure Booking Window is set to All Future Dates in Airbnb (as per requirements above) for all listings to be migrated (otherwise, the system will do it automatically). If you wish, you can define the Booking Window in Hostaway.
- Perform the mapping for all listings by going to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Airbnb Pro > Importing and Mapping > Map to the correct Listing.
- Check the notifications message to confirm listing was correctly imported (sometimes it can take several minutes for the message to arrive):
If all goes well, this is what is displayed:
If an error occurs, it will be similar to this and in this case you need to contact support for further investigations:
- Once connected, check the listing info in Hostaway to make sure the information is correct.
If you need to change Weekly/monthly discount, guest included, price for extra person, cleaning fee, Refundable Damage Deposit Fee you’ll need to go to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Airbnb Pro > Export Listing.
- During the first 24h/48h please check the calendar and sync and if you find anything unusual or if you have any doubts, don’t hesitate to contact the support team.
⚠️ Make sure to change the message automation set to Airbnb Basic, to Airbnb Pro instead
/!\ Once mapped, DO NOT unmap from the Airbnb Basic connection
/!\ The sync status will be limited. DO NOT change it to everything at the moment
/!\ If you have set request to book in Airbnb, check the same configuration is present in the Hostaway listing information (see more information in FAQ - Airbnb Pro connection in an account with Airbnb Basic)