How to set up Auto-payments Follow
Use Auto-payments Charge features
With the Hostaway Auto-payments system, you can schedule automatically the charges that would need to take place for your incoming reservations which you handle the payments for.
Create the Auto Payment
- Title > This will be a title for internal use in order to recognize the template used for charges.
- Channel > Select the Booking Channel the Auto-payment will apply to.
- Auto charges > Build your template with one or more automated charges based on the events/timing.
- Listings > Select if the template will apply to all and new add listings or select specific listings.
- Note > You can select all listings or multiple listings
Fill in the Auto charges:
To use the method Credit Card online a payment processor like Stripe needs to be connected to your account first. The Credit Card (online) option is the one that will be used when a charge automatically needs to be taken by your connected payment provider from the guest's credit card.
Other payment methods can be used in the event you take payments manually for example cash on arrival, bank transfer, and others.
- Type > Charge is used for payments taken from the guest. Pre-authorization can be used to put a hold on a Credit Card for example to temporarily hold a security deposit amount a day before check-out.
- Titel > Will indicate internally what the specific charge rule is based on.
- Method > The type of payment method to use for the auto payment.
- Amount > This can be %, flat fee, or the remaining balance left to charge based on the remaining unpaid balance of the reservation.
- Scheduled by > The timing when the charging event should take place.
Split Charges for Vrbo API
If you have configured split charges in Hostaway for the Vrbo channel, it will reflect in Vrbo as well. However, do bear in mind the following:
- Vrbo supports payments schedule per day, not hours. That means that any setup that includes a difference of hours from the event trigger will be rounded. The rounding is done to the nearest day to the event. For example, a trigger of 36 hours after check-in will be rounded down to 1 day after check-in. A trigger of 36 hours before check-in will be rounded up to 1 day before check-in. A trigger of 3 hours after reservation will be rounded down to a reservation.
- Vrbo requires charging an amount at the moment of reservation therefore if no charge exists for that moment, the guest will only be charged the VRBO's service fee (do remember that Vrbo's service fee is always charged at the moment of reservation).
- When the auto-charged is configured with a combination of percentage and flat fees, in almost all cases the auto-charges will not be equal to the total reservation amount.
Please sign in to leave a comment.