To learn more, watch our special webinar here
Go to Guest Invoicing > Auto Invoices > Add button
Fill in the Details:
1 - Title of your Auto Invoice
2 - Select your currency (ideally to be the same as in your payment provider)
3 - Select the Channel the Auto Invoice with Auto Charge will apply to (Note some channels do the guest payment collection on your behalf)
Note> you can select all listings or make multiple listings selection:
Fill in the Items (the lines the guest will see):
4 - only needed if you wish to have multiple lines
5 - the title of the invoice line
6 - set it as 100% > this will ensure the full amount of reservation total price will be invoiced
Add an AutoCharge by clicking Add Item:
Fill in the Auto charge details:
8 - the title of the charge - it is internal, the guest will not see it on the invoice
9 - set it as 100% to charge the full amount at once
10 - schedule the trigger point, it can be X hours/or days after/At/Before Reservation Creation/Check-in/Checkout
How to set up Split Charges?
- Set up the Details (Title, Currency, Channel)
- Set up the invoice line Item as 100% to charge the total reservation price
Under Auto Charges click on Add Item.
- Add a Title
- Fill in the Full Amount with 50 and set it to Percentage
- Schedule the charge to happen by X hours/days after/At/Before Reservation Creation. Click on add item
Create another AutoCharge by clicking on Add Item. Follow the same steps as above but
choose Check-in as your trigger.
You can pause an auto charge before it triggers. Pausing it will instruct the system not to charge. When unpaused however it will be charged immediately.
Split Charges in Vrbo
If you have configured split charges in Hostaway for the Vrbo channel, it will reflect in Vrbo as well. However, do bear in mind the following:
- Vrbo supports payments schedule per day, not hours. That means that any setup that includes a difference of hours from the event trigger will be rounded. The rounding is done to the nearest day to the event. For example, a trigger of 36 hours after check-in will be rounded down to 1 day after check-in. A trigger of 36 hours before check-in will be rounded up to 1 day before check-in. A trigger of 3 hours after reservation will be rounded down to a reservation.
- Vrbo requires charging an amount at the moment of reservation therefore if no charge exists for that moment, the guest will only be charged the VRBO's service fee (do remember the Vrbo's service fee is always charged at the moment of reservation).
- When the auto-charged is configured with a combination of percentage and flat fees (as in the below image), in almost all cases the auto-charges will not be equal to the total reservation amount.
Important: If you wish to be notified when payment failed, please activate the notifications. More information here