The WordPress plugin is enabled by default in your account, if you do not find it, don't hesitate to contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
The plugin is provided through a public Github repository where you can find a Readme file with instructions to download and set up the plugin:
How to install and configure the plugin:
- Download the latest hostaway-wp-plugin.zip from Releases and install it: the easiest is to install the plugin through Plugins->Add New->Upload Plugins, or (advanced) upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory on the web-server.
- Use the
Plugins->Hostaway->Settingspage to configure the plugin:
Account ID and
Secret code and press
Get access token button (it will fetch JWT token used to access Hostaway API).
Find more information here about Hostaway API key (Secret Code). IMPORTANT: Note that generating a new key will deactivate the previous one and any 3rd party that is connected to Hostaway.
- `Google Maps API key` parameter allows using Google map on the search and listing pages, without that key the maps will not be shown. This key can be created in your own Google account, please refer to Using API keys for more information on this.
- `Google reCAPTCHA` protects you against spam and other types of automated abuse. To start using reCAPTCHA, you need to sign up for an API key pair for your own Google account. Please refer to Developer's Guide for more information on this.
- `Price markup` parameter defines the % mark up that will be added to the base rate. E.g. 1.1 = 10%; 1.2 = 20%
- `Debug mode` allows debugging twig templates. Please don't forget to set it to 1 then you want to change something in twig templates.
- `Clear cache` button allows clearing the cache of twig templates and API requests.
If you want to adjust CSS for your theme please go to Hostaway → Custom CSSand paste your styles there.
How to test that the connection works
After plugin activation, you can find several new pages in Pages → All pages
You can click `view` on `Vacation Rentals Search` page and it will show you a list of listings with enabled Wordpress.
All these pages contain only shortcodes supported by the plugin.
[hostaway_listing] shortcode allows to display listing details. It takes a
listingMapId parameter from the query parameters and displays details for that listing.
If listingMapId is not defined this shortcode can accept it from arguments. For example, you can use
[hostaway_listing 123] construction to show listing details for listing 123.
If none of the possible parameters are defied this shortcode will get a list of listings and display information for a first of them.
Parameters for [hostaway_booking] shortcode works exactly the same.
How to upgrade
Since the installation process is manual, in order to upgrade plugin you have to remove the previous version from WP website using admin panel and install a new version manually.
How to uninstall if needed
Use WP admin panel to uninstall the plugin. All of the plugin pages, configuration and files will be deleted.
How to activate listings
Go to Hostaway Dashboard > Integrations > Hostaway Wordpress plugin > Select the listings you wish yo show on your website.
Note: Currently, we do not offer any customization (layout changes, language options etc) for the WP plugin. To customize your WordPress website, please contact Wordpress team/your web developer.
How to make a credit card payment mandatory?
To activate the option of mandatory credit card payment, please go to your WordPress admin account > Hostaway Settings > select accept credit cards and payment card is mandatory for guest:
How to create multiple WordPress sites with different listings?
The WP plugin now allows clients to decide which listings will be shown on their website by filtering by listing tags. This effectively allows you to show different sets of listings on different WP websites.
To activate this feature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the feature is activated for your account, you can download and install the latest plugin version and enter the relevant tag in the plugin settings (under “Filter listings by tag”). Only one tag can be used per plugin.
Why limit your properties to the WordPress plugin only? Have a look at our other channels Marketplace.