The plugin is provided through a public GitHub repository where you can find a Readme file with instructions to download and set up the plugin: https://github.com/Hostaway/wordpress-plugin
Please keep in mind the plugin only supports PHP up to version 7.4
Important: do not use cache on the pages "/hostaway-listing-details-page". This can break the correct calendar synchronization from Hostaway to WordPress. This is an example from the WP-Optimize exception:
How to install and configure the plugin?
- Download the latest hostaway-wp-plugin.zip from Releases and install it: the easiest is to install the plugin through Plugins->Add New->Upload Plugins, or (advanced) upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory on the web server.
- Use the
Plugins->Hostaway->Settingspage to configure the plugin:
- Enter your
Secret codeand press
Get access tokenbutton (it will fetch the JWT token used to access Hostaway API).
Find more information about the Hostaway API key (Secret Code).
- The `Google Maps API key` parameter allows the use of Google Maps on the search and listing pages, without that key the maps will not be shown. This key can be created in your own Google account, please refer to Using API keys for more information on this.
- `Google reCAPTCHA` protects you against spam and other types of automated abuse. To start using reCAPTCHA, you need to sign up for an API key pair for your own Google account. Please refer to the Developer's Guide for more information on this.
- The `Price markup` parameter defines the % markup that will be added to the base rate. E.g. 1.1 = 10%; 1.2 = 20%
- `Debug mode` allows debugging twig templates. Please don't forget to set it to 1 then you want to change something in twig templates.
- The `Clear cache` button allows clearing the cache of twig templates and API requests.
If you would like to adjust CSS for your theme please go to Hostaway → Custom CSS and paste your styles there.
How to check if the connection works?
After plugin activation, you can find several new pages in Pages → All pages
You can click `view` on the `Vacation Rentals Search` page and it will show you a list of listings with enabled WordPress.
All these pages contain only shortcodes supported by the plugin.
[hostaway_listing] shortcode allows displaying listing details. It takes a
listingMapId parameter from the query parameters and displays details for that listing.
If listingMapId is not defined this shortcode can accept it from arguments. For example, you can use
[hostaway_listing 123] construction to show listing details for listing 123.
If none of the possible parameters is defied this shortcode will get a list of listings and display information for the first of them.
Parameters for [hostaway_booking] shortcode work exactly the same.