How to use Booking Window? Follow
Booking Window is the time when your property is available. All days after this window will be closed. The system will keep that you have X months open at all times.
IE. If you have a booking window of 3 months, your calendar will be open for the next 3 months. Every day, we close the previous day and open the next day to keep the 3 months time available.
How to set the booking window?
- Go to Channel Manager, then Listing Mapping.
- Click on Settings.
- On the Settings window, you can see the Booking Window Option.
- Click on the "OFF" button to turn it on and you'll be prompted with the following agreements (see below)
Once read and understood, click on Confirm.
Now, you can set your Booking Window that starts with 1 month up to 23 months. After setting the number of months, click on Save:
Once you select the number of months for your booking window, it means that for X amount of months, the calendar will be available for reservations and the rest of the dates in the future will be blocked out by the system.
The number of months is calculated from the current day until the X month calendar day.
Agreements - Important to understand
By activating the Booking Window, you are understanding and accepting the following:
- For the best results, we strongly advise you to set the same booking window on your channels as on Hostaway.
- You can block out days outside of the booking window by creating manual bookings. Doing so, your days will always remain unavailable.
- You cannot open dates outside the booking window. If you do, the date will become blocked again in a maximum of 24 hours.
- If you have any reservations outside of the set booking window on the channel side, these reservations will be imported to Hostaway. These reservations will be visible on your calendar, and those days will be blocked from the new booking.
- If you have a wider booking window on the channel side than on Hostaway, those days will remain blocked in Hostaway.
Booking windows and cross-listings
If you want to use the cross-listing feature, you need to make sure that the listings have the same window setting. You can learn more about cross-listings here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.