How do I connect to Vrbo?
You can connect to Vrbo by either of the following:
- iCal. Only reservations will sync. Rates and content information will not sync. Vrbo can continue to take payments on your behalf
- API. Rates, inventory, reservations, and messages will sync. Note that Vrbo does not take payments anymore and you will need to connect Hostaway to Stripe and have Guest Invoicing setup
Does Hostaway support Price Consistency?
Yes, Hostaway supports Price Consistency by default for all properties connected via API.
What happens if I already have my listings in Vrbo but would like to connect via API?
You will need to sign a content API contract with Vrbo and export those listings by following this guide. After that, Vrbo will merge both listings so you can keep your reviews.
Can I message Vrbo guests from the dashboard?
Yes. Hostaway uses the Vrbo messaging API.
Can I import my length of stay policy from Hostaway to Vrbo?
You can push the length of stay policy from Hostaway into Vrbo. The maximum number of minimum stays is 200 days.
How can I adjust the mark-up rate for my Vrbo listings?
You can adjust your mark-up settings by following the next steps:
- Go to your Hostaway Dashboard > Channel Manager
- Under the Channels bar > Click on Vrbo > Configure
- Near the listing click on "Settings"
- "Is listed on Vrbo" should be On > Set the mark-up
How can I handle guests' payments?
There are two options to handle guests' payments depending on which option is selected at a listing level to "Allow invoice payment" (Listing > Edit > Channel Specific) can be set to Yes or No:
- If you have Stripe or Braintree or the Hostaway CC decryption key, you should set "Allow invoice payment" to No - Vrbo will then push the credit card details to Hostaway and you can view them on the payment provider portal or by clicking on the Reveal CC (if using the Hostaway CC decryption key)
- If you do not process payments via CC or wish to do it via cash on arrival or bank transfer and you do not have Stripe or Braintree or the Hostaway CC decryption key, you need to set Allow invoice payment to yes - Vrbo will not send the CC details to Hostaway and you would need to invoice the guest manually
How can I change the listing content on Vrbo?
Any changes or modifications in the listing content should be done within Hostaway and content will be synced every 24 hours.
Can I accept Vrbo inquiries from Hostaway?
Yes, you can! Please make sure that you do have the content API activated and that there is an email address available in the reservation details to reply to the guest.
Once a guest sends in their inquiries via "Ask Manager A Question", you will need to answer the guest from Hostaway. A reply to the guest will automatically approve the request and the guest will receive in their email inbox your reply and buttons to either "Reply" or "Book Now":
Once the guest clicks on "Book Now", the inquiry will then turn into a reservation.
What do the different reservation statuses mean?
Hostaway's message system features many different reservation statuses. Read more about what each one means here.
How long does it take to sync with Vrbo?
Hostaway has a fantastic connection with Vrbo and as a result, we sync with them often. To learn more please read this article.
I was previously connected to Vrbo via an iCal connection but now I have the API connection. What are the next steps to do?
Once you have turned on the Vrbo API connection and the feed is going through successfully, make sure to export the Vrbo iCal reservations, and then you can deactivate the Vrbo iCal connection. You can then add them manually again on the Hostaway calendar.
Can I adjust the dates of my stay on Hostaway with a Vrbo inquiry?
No, you can't. However, you can adjust the dates of stay of a confirmed reservation (meaning that the inquiry has turned into a new reservation) on the Hostaway dashboard. On the reservation details, click on "Edit" or "Modify" change the check-in and check-out dates, and click the "Save" button.
Can I decide whether the Refundable Damage Deposit is included in the reservation total or not?
Yes, you can. The feature is called "Deposit paid at location" on Vrbo and if you choose not to include it, the deposit will not be charged at the time of booking and you will have to manage that deposit outside the booking process.
The option can be found under Listings > Prices & Fees. By default, the checkbox is unselected.
Does Hostaway support Vrbo Pet Fees?
Yes, Hostaway does. Vrbo pet fees can be added under Listings > Price & Fees. They apply per pet either per reservation or per night.
All pet fees are displayed in Financial Reporting under the same column - pet fees - regardless of the channel.
Where to find the Customer ID that is requested by Vrbo?
Vrbo requires your Hostaway Account ID. This can be found by navigating to Settings > Account > Account ID.