Airbnb basic connection is depreciated
Airbnb's basic connection is no-longer supported. for new connections use Airbnb pro connection.
When your listings are connected to Airbnb basic, migrate as soon as possible by upgrading.
Airbnb accounts can, from time to time, become disconnected from Hostaway. This is mainly caused by a change of password in Airbnb or by a technical problem.
Please be aware that when your account is not connected, it does not receive any new reservations.
How do I know if my account is not connected anymore?
This can be found in Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Airbnb.
The warning signs mean that your account is not fully connected at the moment.
How to reconnect my Airbnb account?
Please note: For a smooth reconnection, log out from Airbnb and only connect to the Airbnb account you are reconnecting.
- Go to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Airbnb > Click on Password for the account with the warning signs
- Enter your Airbnb password and click on "Save".
- Either it will save without asking to verify > Please refresh Hostaway. You are now connected!
- Or, it will ask you to verify.
- Depending on the case, you might have to verify your account, with 1 or 2 steps:
- Click on Verify > You will be redirected to an Airbnb page > Click on "I am not a robot" and wait for the page to load.
- Go back to Hostaway and click on save again > Click on verify for the second time > You will be redirected to another Airbnb. This time, you will receive a message/call to verify your account.
- Once done, go back to Hostaway > Click on Save for the last time.
- Refresh Hostaway.
- Congratulations, your account has been reconnected!