Sometimes, 3rd parties such as Booking.com collect cards without confirming their validity.
When a card has been successfully added to Stripe, you can see the status in the "Reservations" page in the column "Payments".
If the card isn't valid, Stripe will reject it. You can see the reason for rejection in your Stripe logs. In order to find a specific reason for why the card was rejected, please log in to Stripe. Locate the customer, then scroll down to "Logs".
When you see a 402 error, click on it. You will find the reason for the rejection at the bottom of the screen in the response body section.
Here is a list of card error codes:
- The card number is incorrect
- The card number is not a valid credit card number
- The card’s expiration month is invalid
- The card’s expiration year is invalid
- The card’s security code is invalid
- The card has expired
- The card’s security code is incorrect
- The card was declined