- Hostaway does not support multi rooms to sell listing set up.
Any listing can only have 1 or 0 room to sell.
- Hostaway does not support Airbnb co-hosting listings.
- During the connection you will be asked to change the Airbnb login email to one Hostaway generates for you.
- You need direct access to all Airbnb accounts and account verification needs. (phone or email verification)
- Your Hostaway calender needs to be used as the main calendar for all changes.
- Before importing new listings, the Listing admin needs to be set as the primary host. This will provide full access and we can import the listing and the reservations. Airbnb will only allow listings and reservations to be imported correctly if the Airbnb account is from the listing admin marked as the primary host.
- On your Reservation Preferences settings on Airbnb, make sure that the Booking Window is set to "All future dates". Else, you can use the Hostaway Booking Window feature.
In the Hostaway software you are able to:
- Import automatically all your listings from Airbnb
- Set your daily rates by Hostaway
- Block your days by Hostaway
10 EASY STEPS FOR CONNECTING AIRBNB
When adding a new Airbnb account, the Dashboard will ask for your Airbnb login credentials. Please make sure you have those details ready before connecting to Hotswaway.
NOTE: Airbnb added a new verification step: You will need a phone number and/or access to the mailbox set up in the Airbnb account.
NOTE: Before doing the connection, make sure you are connecting on Airbnb, on the account you are connecting.
Step 1: Add Airbnb account to Hostaway.
Go to Channel Manager > Channels > Configure Airbnb and click on "Add Airbnb Account"
Step 2: Read and check all statements, then click on “Next”
Step 3: To add the Airbnb account you need to enter your Airbnb login credentials
NOTE: If you log into Airbnb with Facebook, you'll need to log out, and then click "Forgot your password". This will send a password reset to the email account connected to your Facebook account. You can then edit your password on Airbnb. Please ensure all other Airbnb tabs are closed.
Step 4: Please read the information provided and proceed to change the new email address to a shorter one. To do so, click on “Change”. Please “copy” and then click on “Change Airbnb e-mail” (Will send you to your Airbnb account).
Step 5: Once on Airbnb > User > Replace the current mail address by the @airbnb.hostaway.info email > Scroll down and save > Airbnb will ask you to enter your password
Step 6: Head back to Hostaway to confirm the change by clicking on “Next”.
You will receive an email from Airbnb to confirm the change. Please approve the change.
Step 7: You will then most likely be asked to verify your account on Airbnb. Please proceed to the verification step.
- Verification 1: Click on "I am not a Robot" and go back to Hostaway > Click on "Verify again"
- Verification 2: Select the phone number > Enter the code you received > And go back to Hostaway to continue the process
NOTE: Verify that your main email address is set in the email forwarding field. You can add up to 3 emails. Click on “Next”.
Step 8: Go to your Hostaway “Inbox” to confirm” the email change.
Step 9: To import your listings, click on "Importing and Mapping". Click on the “import” button to import your listings.
NOTE: One listing takes around 15-20 seconds to import. Please wait before refreshing.
Once done you’ll be able to see the listings in the Calendar, Listings or Channel Manager tab on your Hostaway dashboard.
Step 10: Export your iCal link.
- ICal allows Airbnb to receive reservations in case the connection during the sync is lost. Click on the “iCal” button per listing and copy the URL.
- In Airbnb go to your listing, and click on the “Availability Calendar” settings. At the very bottom of the page, you can import the calendar by iCal. Past the link there, give it a name (Hostaway) and save it.
NOTE : This needs to be done for each listing.
NOTE : After these steps, please verify that all future reservations have been imported to Hostaway and adjust some day availabilities and rates in Hostaway to review if Airbnb is updating after 2-10 minutes.
- When the system reports an incorrect password, Login to Airbnb.com with the same email and password. When you normally login by Facebook you need to request a password by Airbnb forgot password option.
- As long as the system is working on importing the listing it will show in this way. If the listing takes more than 1 hour to import contact support with the listing id number and Airbnb account email it belongs to.
- After the initial import, Airbnb will import all open and closed dates to Hostaway. Afterwards, blocked dates imported will not automatically open in Hostaway unless you manually unblock them. As Hostaway will be your main calendar, the blocked dates imported on Airbnb will reflect the same on the Hostaway calendar and therefore will then be pushed back to Airbnb via iCal synchronization.