The Hostaway software allows you to create new listings on TripAdvisor/Flipkey by automatic export. This way you can have your new properties listed on TripAdvisor/Flipkey in a quicker way than when you do this manually.
- The listing export is only available for TripAdvisor accounts that have 5 or more active listings.
- You need to have a signed content XML contract with Tripadvisor/Flipkey and direct contact with your account manager by email.
- You can only export listing, rate and availability data by XML and need to import reservations by iCal to Hostaway after TripAdvisor/Flipkey listings are created.
- In your Hostaway account, update all the listings by menu Listings > click on the "Edit" button per listing and provide as much information as possible, specifically:
- Basic information tab
- Correct and full address details of the listing
- Under additional info the check-in and check-out times and square meters
- Channel-specific title, headline, and description. It is best to have different titles and descriptions per channel.
- Contact person information
- Bed types
- You need to contact your TripAdvisor account manager or send an email to property management and inform them that you would like to activate an XML property connection with HostAway OY Channel management software.
- TripAdvisor will contact you and confirm your account is ready to receive listing data by XML.
- You can then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your TripAdvisor account manager email.
- Please then provide us with the Hostaway listing ID numbers you'd like to Export to TripAdvisor.
- We can then have them activated in 72 hours on business days the TripAdvisor export and reply to you and your TripAdvisor account manager with the needed XML links.
(For your safety do not share these links with any other than TripAdvisor or Hostaway support team.)
- After your TripAdvisor account manager has confirmed your listings are imported correctly, you will need to verify the exported listing details, availability, and rates on TripAdvisor.
- When you are ready to receive your new TripAdvisor reservations, you will then need to connect the new listings to the Hostaway software.
- To do this, go to Channel Manager > Channels and click on "Activate TripAdvisor/Flipkey integration".
- On the TripAdvisor dashboard, go to Calendar and find the calendar export function. Copy the export iCal link from TripAdvisor.
- On your Hostaway dashboard, select the corresponding listing and add the TripAdvisor iCal link for the listing.
- Activate the connection and repeat this process for all other exported listings.
Time and settings
Hostaway aims to export for you the highest quality listings to TripAdvisor in the fastest way possible.
However, please note that you as manager shall remain fully responsible to verify your listings and settings on TripAdvisor after the export.